Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vlasov's Handlers File Protest Over Loss To Joe Smith: Complaint Over Officials, Drug Testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaNeutral.
    replied
    Why in this day and age of Boxing is there no drug testing in a title fight? It shouldn't even be up for debate, it shouldn't be an option. Especially when you got a Russian and a yank, the 2 biggest drug cheating nations in sport.

But it was a close fight, it was no robbery. Home based fighter with home based judges gets you the sway in swing rounds, exactly the same happens in Russia, Germany, England, Australia just like it does in America.

Leave a comment:

• BodyBagz
    replied
    p8lbUNF.gif?noredirect.gif

Leave a comment:

• PunchyPotorff
    replied
    It was a close fight, not a robbery at all. And didn't Vlasov get a break in one of the later rounds? Give him a rematch after Joe gets in a defense, and we'll see a better Joe and the same Vlasov we just saw... with Joe KOing him. The End.

Leave a comment:

• @kingtee
    replied
    Jr came powerful in the final 2 rounds and I think he won the match by a closer decision...forget the rematch and move on with the unification with Beterbeiv

Leave a comment:

• 57Blues
    replied
    Exactly Rex Exactly................ Jr. will learn from that fight for sure, spec here but the double cancellation of the fight effected Jr. I believe. And drugs man unless you got real evidence why put that word on Jr. ? Who wants to defend agaist dirt like that. Good knock around even tho the origin of it was done dirty.

Leave a comment:

• _Rexy_
    replied
    Originally posted by 57Blues View Post
    He can get a shot at J.S. Jr. after Jr's next fight how is that ? LH has a lot of trouble getting there fights lined up and in the ring. He can get more fights but the noise might help the 175 division get some attention but they are not going to go back in time on this fight until they move forward. Drugs ? If you have a complaint about drug testing say it before a fight takes place not after. You want a drug check, drug check the ref. Check his pockets and his I.D. makes about as much sense as this complaint.
    if JSJ's next fight is against Beterbiev, I doubt Vlasov would want to fight JSJ again

Leave a comment:

• Kingz1980
    replied
    Vlasov should not be ordered a rematch. He looked for a way out with flopping from the rabbit punch taking extra time than needed. He wants to complain of the lack of drug testing after the fight. Would he still complain of that of he won? No. Why didn't he make a fuss before the fight happened?

Leave a comment:

• Square circle
    replied
    Vlasov was lucky to make it through the 11th rd. He was getting hit with big shots the last 90 seconds. Watch again and you will see that just prior to the rabbit punch, Smith caught him with a solid right uppercut. Vlasov was hurt and leaned over trying to grab Smith when the very light rabbit punch was landed by Joe with the palm of his hand. Ref saved him.

Leave a comment:

• tokon
    replied
    I thought Vlasov did enough to earn a close decision but was sort of expecting a draw to be called. The guy deserves a rematch and maybe the WBO will mandate that, possibly as q condition for sanctioning Beterbiev-Smith unification.

Leave a comment:

• Beercules
    replied
    It was a close fight but the right man won.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X