No announcement yet.

The demise of the American heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

So why was A.J able to sell out MSG in his U.S debut ? That excuse that U.S don’t care about boxing is laughable.

I would put money on Mike on mushrooms to still knock out Wilder .
    the same reason ricky hatton was able to bring a crowd over here...lol.....and thats why you are broke because you are dumb

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
      you get paid what your worth in your chosen sport....not every big guy is going to be naturally good in another sport and because wilder is 6ft 7 and over 225 does not guarantee him being an NFL....he could have no throwing arm , he might not have core strength , legs might be weak , might not be able to run.
      the point boxing is not a hobby it’s a tough sport where 99% of them go into because they are good at it......your picking guys that are naturally good in there chosen sport and then trying to say a boxer will be as good as them.
      that’s why we have have different sports lol
      people start training for their "sport" at a young age....if someone trains at something from an early age and continues they will be reasonably good at it....how far they get will depend on genetics....

nobody said any other athlete would be guaranteed to be good at boxing....but its reasonable to assume that if more american HW sized kids trained to box america would have more HW contenders or champs....

its simple...less kids training to play baseball, basketball and football and youd have more american HW boxers that are good....nobody said if they all trained to be boxers theyd all be great....thats an assumption low iq idiots make when we are making our argument

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post

the same reason ricky hatton was able to bring a crowd over here...lol.....and thats why you are broke because you are dumb
        So A,J brought over 20,000 fans and barred anyone not from the U.K entering the arena ?

Comment

Anderson is a 9 fight novice . That’s also getting paid for less then 3 minutes work and how many times has he fought this year ? He fought 5 times last year .
          That is also the point it takes a long time to make the big Money in boxing but also too it is no Guarantee that you will even make big money. Why do all this when you can get a Scholarship for College , do that for 3 years then go to the NFL and Make Millions immediately if you're good enough of course

Comment

Wilders own team didn’t offer him that though , Dazn did . He got those offers because of A.J not because of what he actually did in the ring .

Wilder didn’t make it to that discussion table because he was smart ,he made it there because he was invited because team A.J wanted his belt . That’s just another fighter carrying him , I wouldn’t relate other sports to that situation .

Don’t know about NFL salaries haven’t kept up with it .
            I know they did...my point to henning was there is money in the division and it’s till one of the highest paid sports in the world.
            wilder was offered 100 million for say a 12 month contract ( 2 fight deal ) and I doubt very much that 98% of NFL players will not get that for a years contract.

Comment

The highest salary for an NFL player in 2020 was $31,509,000 million dollars......and that was Dak Presscott and if you take the very best heavyweights salary then the heavyweight champion is earning more by quite some margin.....so there is still money in boxing so that’s nulls out the NFL argument

Comment

I know they did...my point to henning was there is money in the division and it’s till one of the highest paid sports in the world.
                wilder was offered 100 million for say a 12 month contract ( 2 fight deal ) and I doubt very much that 98% of NFL players will not get that for a years contract.
                True but the NFL is a team sport what most get really depends on how successful the team is ,you have a handful of stars then the rest so it’s a safer bet to assume one could potentially coast in football and make decent amount because a spotlight may not be on you like boxing ., where you can’t hide inside a ring the other guy is there to hurt you .

A lot of ducking and dodging led to that 100 million dollar deal in an expansion time of 3 years from team Wilder , while holding on to that belt . I would say the likelihood of another Wilder ever is pretty scarce ,one who had a very sneaky team and he had the knockout punch to trick people. What are the odds such a deal for undisputed happen again to a guy like that or anyone thinking about pro boxing ? Fury is a 6”9 skilled guy ,a legit fighter how many people are not going to be that guy here ? I would say the safe play is go into NFL if you can or think you aren’t making it to a title fight if you are hoping to get the biggest checks .

It all boils down to what your good at but your right if you’re in boxing at the top it’s because you have to be legit tough , boxing though is a day by day thing you never know what happens in your career as opposed to an NFL contract which at times can be an extension for years so younger compensated. Your pretty much locked in a safety net as a football player you siping a contract and play the year out , I’m not sure they get bonuses per game either ?

I don’t agree with most potential boxers are in the NFL either , just because your big and strong don’t mean you can fight ,same with Wrestling. I boxed before with some amateur bouts and found out quickly it wasn’t for me even in wins and wouldn’t last long ,I took a desk job . Ha
                Last edited by REDEEMER; 04-12-2021, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

That is also the point it takes a long time to make the big Money in boxing but also too it is no Guarantee that you will even make big money. Why do all this when you can get a Scholarship for College , do that for 3 years then go to the NFL and Make Millions immediately if you're good enough of course
                  Agreed I was pointing out Anderson because he will certainly be a top guy .

Comment

marvellous how some people overlook that Joshua had only 18 professions fights and just 3 and half years as a pro when knocking out klitchcko lol
                    Klitchko wouldn’t last 5 rounds with a more mature Joshua now

He's 45 and hasn't fought in four years. I'd ****ing hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

He's 45 and hasn't fought in four years. I'd ****ing hope not.
                      your being pedantic now.....I meant him facing Joshua with more experience would have ended him a lot quicker if he faced him in wembley at that time.
                      klitchcko actually said himself he wanted to face him sooner than later as he would not be able to beat him.
                      Joshua was a novice in terms of pro years and fights when he faced him in 2017 and still stopped him.
                      you knew exactly what I meant rex lol

Comment

Working...
                      X