Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer: We Want Vergil Ortiz To Become World Champ At 147 Before He Moves Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El_Mero
    replied
    Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post

Nah, he's on the larger side for the new generation of welterweight. Him and Boots actually.
    Boots looks significantly bigger than Ortiz. Need to see em side by side.

Leave a comment:

• BoxingIsGreat
    replied
    Seeing Ortiz from his fight, I don't see anything special going forward. I think both he and Ennis will amount to not much in the end. OK fighters fighting for a living. I don't see it with many of these new guys. Hype alone would not work. You need a spark.

Leave a comment:

• SweetPbfAli
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
    Move up? He looks snall as a ww
    Nah, he's on the larger side for the new generation of welterweight. Him and Boots actually.

Leave a comment:

• Satir
    replied
    WBA ordered MJ who is a 'Super' champ to fight Rios who's holdind the 'Gold' title, i think they should do the same with Ugas and Ortiz jr, Ugas hasnt fought anyone for that title, i also wouldnt mind Jermell fighting another 'Gold" champ Soro or Lopez fighting Mendy

Leave a comment:

• El_Mero
    replied
    Move up? He looks snall as a ww

Leave a comment:

• Bigdog2002
    replied
    Originally posted by aaronbnb View Post
    golden boy is going to find a way to screw up Ortiz career. I fully expect 14 month layoff now that he's gotten his biggest win.
    He is not with pbc

Leave a comment:

• ifc
    replied
    So when Garcia,Haney and Lopez are at 147 in 18 months Vergil will be fighting for chump change at 154.Ortiz was at 140 just three fights ago.

Leave a comment:

• aaronbnb
    replied
    golden boy is going to find a way to screw up Ortiz career. I fully expect 14 month layoff now that he's gotten his biggest win.

Leave a comment:

• The Skywalker
    replied
    Well.. I guess as far as welterweights go we'll never see a fight between Ennis and Ortiz anytime soon. But when it comes to Spence if he's not going to fight Crawford then why not just move to 154 as soon as possible? There's nothing left to do at 147 besides milking the money

Leave a comment:

• NachoMan
    replied
    Originally posted by LeOoze View Post

Spence is 31. No way in hell he's moving up to 160 anytime soon as he never even fought at 154. I'd be surprised if he ever moved up to 154 either, if he's still making 147 with ease I see no reason for him to.
    Who said he makes it with ease? Dude has to get down to about 5% body fat to make 147. He could be a 160lber tomorrow and still be shredded.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X