Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGuigan: If Crawford Schools or Stops Pacquiao, Might Be Perfect Calling For Spence Fightent Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: McGuigan: If Crawford Schools or Stops Pacquiao, Might Be Perfect Calling For Spence Fightent Legacy

Barry McGuigan, former world champion and fight promoter, would much rather see a welterweight unification between Terence Crawford and Errol Spence. But in recent news, Spence is heading in the direction of a three belt unification with Yordenis Ugas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not if but when Crawford schools or stops Pacquiao.

Comment

It's more likely the fight won't happen.

Comment

Incredible that crawford vs spence is not happening yet.

Comment

It's a shame that Crawford in his prime is willing to fight a 42 years old senator who hasn't fought for some years. If he wins, probably he will, it doesn't add anything to his prestige, imo.
          Last edited by Boxviewer; 04-06-2021, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxviewer View Post
            It's a shame that Crawford in his prime is willing to fight a 42 years old senator who hasn't fought for some years. If he wins, probably he will, it doesn't anything to his prestige, imo.
            I feel the same! Beating Pacquiao improves his pockets, but beating Shawn Porter would improve his resume!

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnoworld View Post
              Incredible that crawford vs spence is not happening yet.
              Anything that involves PBC would take ages to happen, or never at all. Especially when these braindead "Boxing fans" refuse to acknowledge how PBC keep giving them alternatives to the actual fights that we all want. NO ONE wanted Mikey Garcia in there but hey let's do that fight first.

If Crawford can land that Pacman fight then boxing would be better off for it, because this mentality of "Freezing" someone out in america is disgusting. Imagine Eddie Hearn trying to pull that move, someone like Shield can be avoided and ducked by Marshall but you would never hear a british fan make excuses why she shouldn't be fighting Shield. If Bud can become the man at 147 with that fight then maybe (I still doubt it) PBC would finally want to sit down for negotiations, but i really don't fault Bud if he gives them all a middle finger.
              Tecnoworld Tecnoworld likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                I feel the same! Beating Pacquiao improves his pockets, but beating Shawn Porter would improve his resume!
                He cannot force Porter to fight, beating Pac does more for Bud than beating Porter.
                #1PaperChamp #1PaperChamp likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

He cannot force Porter to fight, beating Pac does more for Bud than beating Porter.
                  WTF? Porter has been ready and willing! Craword has to make a decision, which will not happen until Pacquiao makes a decision! Beating this 42-yr old version of Manny Pacquiao, without a title too, does nothing for Bud! Beating Porter IN HIS PRIME, that lost to the #1 WW in the game, only by split decision, is much more meaningful! Also, keep in mind, that Pacquiao has not fought since July 2019! Bud has to dominate, and even then, he will only be doing what is expected of him!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

Terence Crawford announcement coming: Pacquiao? Porter?

March 29, 2021
                    Michael Rosenthal

Terence Crawford is expected to have an opponent this week. And it won’t be a pushover.

Bob Arum, the welterweight champion’s longtime promoter, said he will announce his star’s next bout and other details in the next several days. The fight will be on pay-per-view.

Crawford is expected to face either fellow titleholder Manny Pacquiao or former beltholder Shawn Porter.

“There’s going to be an official announcement within the week on Bud Crawford’s next fight,” Arum told Barbershop Conversations over the weekend. “I can’t reveal it now, but it will be a major fight.

“It will be an official announcement of a major pay-per-view event — date, venue, everything. I’m not at liberty to discuss it at this time, but it’s a big deal, and not just any old fight.”

The 42-year-old Pacquiao is his first choice because of the money involved but either opponent would satisfy fans dying to see Crawford in a truly big fight.

“It would be a big opportunity for Terence Crawford to fight Manny Pacquiao,” Arum told Boxing Social recently. “If that doesn’t come to fruition, then I will continue my talks with Shawn Porter and hope to do Terence against Shawn Porter.

“Either of them in my opinion are interesting fights.”

Indeed. Either of those fights would be the biggest of Crawford’s career.

The 33-year-old Nebraskan has won major titles in three divisions and climbed to the top of pound-for-pound lists – he’s ranked No. 1 by Boxing Junkie – but he has no defining victories on his resume.

Crawford (37-0, 28 KOs) is coming off a fourth-round knockout of another former titleholder, Kell Brook, on Nov. 14.

Pacquiao (62-7-2, 39 KOs) hasn’t fought since he outpointed Keith Thurman to win a portion of the 147-pound championship in July 2019. The Filipino senator’s focus has been on dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic and other duties over the past year.

Porter (31-3-1, 17 KOs) is a two-time welterweight titleholder, most recently losing his belt to Errol Spence Jr. by a split decision in September 2019. He rebounded by shutting out Sebastian Formella last August.

A victory over either Pacquiao or Porter could lead to a much-anticipated showdown with Spence.

https://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/20...rce=FOX_Sports

Comment

Working...
                    X