Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: If Whyte Loses, Goal of World Title Could Be Out Forever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NachoMan
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
    If Chisora is still in game with 10 losses, 3 Losses will not be a problem for Whyte.

But I guess Hearn is tired of Whyte and his avoiding AJ title shot.
    Sure, but Hearn's not talking about Whyte just being in the game. Chisora isn't in line for a title shot any time soon. Call him a gatekeeper, a journeyman, a trial horse, whatever, but Chisora's no championship contender in 2021. I don't hink Hearn is overstating the significance of this fight for Whyte. If he loses again to old man Povetkin, he probably wouldn't be in line for a title shot for at least two years.
    Last edited by NachoMan; 03-24-2021, 10:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mindgames
    replied
    Hearn in a weeks time .."were looking at a rematch by June ,because Whyte was ahead on points and Povetkin was about to quit when he was knocked out in round 3..

Leave a comment:

• Monty Fisto
    replied
    Whyte could have had a shot at multiple belts by taking the AJ fight... The one where Joshua imploded as well.

If he never ends up ever fighting for a world title he can look back on that decision in the small hours when he can't sleep.

Leave a comment:

• PRINCEKOOL
    replied
    If Whyte wins, he should get a title fight.

He has the 3rd best resume in the heavyweight division.

Even if he loses the title fight, the man needs to be given the opportunity.

Whyte is probably burnt out already, after all of these wars back to back.

This title quest for Whyte, is like a never ending story 'I can see him being pitched against Wilder & Ruiz Junior even if he wins against Povetkin'.

Leave a comment:

• JakeTheBoxer
    replied
    If Chisora is still in game with 10 losses, 3 Losses will not be a problem for Whyte.

But I guess Hearn is tired of Whyte and his avoiding AJ title shot.

Leave a comment:

• Rockybigblower
    replied
    Sounds like Eddie has finally found a way to get this guy off his back. Surely he must get tired of paying lip service to Dillian while maintaining AJ as his number one cash cow. Povetkin will be doing Eddie a favour by pushing Whyte to the back of the line. If Dill wins it will be another two years of phone calls asking Eddie for his title shot.

Leave a comment:

• pollywog
    replied
    Hmmmmmm...so Fast Eddie says Whyte has gone back to his old ways and is spiteful.

I guess that's code for, he's back on the 'roids and raging...

Leave a comment:

• thack
    replied
    Nah, if Hearn can put a fighter at the top of his PPv show who has ten losses as Chisora has then he can get Whyte a 'world title' fight with what would be three losses.

Leave a comment:

• Laligalaliga
    replied
    Whyte is in a situation AJ was. He has to do everything to win to keep going forward.

Leave a comment:

• Alf Stewart
    replied
    Whyte is a tough but flawed fighter, better than a tough Chisora type journeyman, but certainly not champion material.

A got wiped out off an old, shot Povetkin who was a top 3/5 fighter in his prime in apparently “one of the weakest times” in heavyweight history if you believe the casuals, not a good luck for this era.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X