Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Plant: Benavidez Is Fighting My Sparring Partner, Really All I Have To Say About The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Plant: Benavidez Is Fighting My Sparring Partner, Really All I Have To Say About The Fight

The idea of a showdown with fellow unbeaten super middleweight David Benavidez once graced the thoughts of Caleb Plant. That ship has sailed long ago. Naturally, a fight between the two remains discussed among industry insiders for a number of reasons. Both boxers are still unbeaten, in the prime of their respective careers and proudly represent Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) through their shared high-powered adviser Al Haymon. The fight, however, made more sense when their separate title reigns overlapped. Plant remains the undefeated IBF champ, while Benavidez is a former two-time WBC titlist.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Actually anybody that fights professionally is fighting someone's sparring partner at some point. Plant sounds like a clown. But hey, anything to avoid having to fight a live body before he can cash in on a Canelo payday.

Comment

Where is the uproar like when Canelo just beat on a bum???

Comment

Canelo be like, “oye Caleb, how mash more time joo need mi fren?”

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          What? Benavidez called out Charlo and Plant. Neither want to fight him right now. Canelo is unavailable. I'm pretty sure in the ideal world he'd be fighting 1 of the 3 next but he ****ed up so he has to live with that. Who exactly should he be fighting? Dirrell? Just fought but said he doesn't want the Benavidez rematch. Lemieux? Fighting some random guy. Jacobs? Just fought and looked bad and that's DAZN vs PBC. Here, just look at the rankings https://box.live/world-rankings/super-middleweight/
          Last edited by RightJabLikeZab; 03-13-2021, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            Difference is, canelo had no choice. He was forced to fight him or vacate. Convenient of you to leave that out

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              Actually anybody that fights professionally is fighting someone's sparring partner at some point. Plant sounds like a clown. But hey, anything to avoid having to fight a live body before he can cash in on a Canelo payday.
              He is a champion and that’s all that needs to be said.

Comment

And who has Plant beat his last few fights? Delusional comes to mind here.
                brown_knight06 brown_knight06 likes this.

Comment

Benavidez is in a tough place. He's a beast, no top contender will face him without a belt on the line, hence why he's stuck fighting guys like Ellis.
                  brown_knight06 brown_knight06 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post

Difference is, canelo had no choice. He was forced to fight him or vacate. Convenient of you to leave that out
                    Exactly, plus it was a tune-up that he wanted to squeeze in between last December and this coming May. I would rather see guys fight more than once or twice a year.

Comment

Working...
                    X