Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grade a fighter day 23: What grade do you give Oscar De La Hoya?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
    147 lbs oscar was an A+ but above 154 and above oscar is just B+ at best.
    that's a good way to look at it.

Comment

Excepting his abysmal acting vs Hopkins on that body shot I do wish he would’ve rematched Pernel, Quartey & Tito. I knew Floyd wasn’t gonna rematch him. He also slept on Pac and hurt on the scale. Also had too many trainers and at times appeared not really sure of his inring identity. Having written this, the man had skill, heart and possessed a great jab and left hook. He was smart. He was gutsy. He always stepped up. A matinee idol who could fight! Oscar is one of the greats. Grade A+.

Comment

Let's keep it going

Comment

A

that’s an overall evaluation when I weigh up his entire career. At his lowest weights he was a solid A, no doubt.

I give him an A+++ for willingness to fight the best but he lost most of his biggest fights and that still has to be acknowledged.

Comment

one hour until poll closes.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              Oscar is an easy A+ never hid from anyone. All time great.
              I wouldnt say he never hid.. Winky Wright was calling him out and he looked right past him lmao.

I give him an A though. Like dude said, 147 he's A+ but he fought a significant amount of his career over that and he wasnt near that level.

Comment

Oscar De La Hoya was a great fighter but I don't rank him as high as most boxing fans do. After all, the man did accumulate six losses on his boxing record. Well at least to me; an A+ grade signifies perfection and Oscar was far from being the perfect ring fighter. For example: He had a very questionable win against an aging Pernell Whitaker in which many boxing fans believed he lost; Including myself. Oscar's only signature and career defining win on his resume was against Rafael Ruelas at a 135 lbs back in 1995.

Comment

Damn missed this one , would have voted A+ ..........

Comment

Working...
                  X