Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grade a fighter day 20: What grade do you give Bernard Hopkins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the ATG of the sport. Top P4P at his best, insane longevity, multi-weight champ, great resume. Slight minus that he's accused of being dirty. Still, A+ easy.

Comment

His longevity was insane. But too many times he looked for the easy way out of a fight. The time he fell out of the ring I swear he was faking an injury. I voted A-, his craftiness took him far beyond actual talent.

Comment

A-

Comment

Top 10 noggin of all time.

Comment

A +

I thought originally this thread was about Evander Holyfield for some reason, still a A + fighter Bernard Hopkins.

I once compared Hopkins to batman, he never really had any superpowers but? If given time, you would always think he could devise a plan to beat any fighter 'That was the aura which surrounded his boxing mind' The professor.

Hopkins was a really good athlete, he would underrated himself in that department 'I believe he has admitted that Roy Jones Junior was the only fighter to really beat him, to the point were he had no answer for Roy Jones Junior's ability'.
            Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 03-05-2021, 07:48 AM.

Comment

David Tua ranked above Hatton/Marg, heck even Khan? Tua was a fat flop.

Anyway, Bhop is the second best fighter after Pacquiao post the SRL era.

Comment

A+
                One of the most intelligent fighter ever inside the ring.

Comment

I've always had a bit of a dislike for Hopkins but he's gotta be graded as an A, as in A hole.

​​Just kidding, definate A. I'd reserve A+ for an elite few. In his prime he was exceptional, outside of his prime he was still fantastic.

In his mid 40's he wasn't just still fighting he was fighting elite level competition and winning. He kept himself very fit but it was his mental game that really carried him through. An ugly spoiler when he needed to be but could sniff out every little opportunity that came his way.

A true ATG with an elite all round game.

Comment

Final call.

Comment

+ and - is for nitpicky sissy boys so I chose only actual letter grades.

Comment

Working...
                      X