No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields - Just Keep Winning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields - Just Keep Winning

By Cliff Rold - This Friday (PPV, 9 PM EST), 25-year old two-time US Olympic Gold medalist Claressa Shields (10-0, 2 KO) will attempt to be the first boxer, man or woman, to unify the WBC, WBA, IBF, and WBO titles in two separate weight divisions. Currently still the lineal queen at middleweight, Shields will attempt to add the vacant WBA "super" title in the class as well as Marie Dicarie's IBF strap (17-0, 0 KO) to the WBC and WBO Jr. middleweight belts she won against Ivana Habazin in January 2020.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Give the women some three minute rounds, say 8 of them.

Comment

Am a bit confused, is she doing both boxing and MMA together? Or is this her last fight as a boxer?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Am a bit confused, is she doing both boxing and MMA together? Or is this her last fight as a boxer?
        I'm thinking it was saying shes gonna do both but it was repeating circles on where her career is headed.
        Ray* Ray* likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          I think this is her last fight for now, going to have an MMA bout next??

Comment

There’s a reason she’s only had 10 fights in five years. Because women’s boxing isn’t a thing. There’s literally no women of consequence in women’s boxing. We think men’s boxing is becoming a fringe sport? Women’s boxing is further down on the fringe scale. This is why they pair up the Women’s boxing cards with males. Yes there have been all Women’s boxing cards but it’s of no comparison.

Comment

And yet still no one cares and no one pays to see her fight...

Comment

It is OK not to want to watch woman fight. I hope they continue to do all female fighters on one card then I do not have to FF or walk away from a fight card when the woman get in the ring. There are lots of sport I do not watch, female boxing is one of them. I do not think they should not exist but it is like any other sport that I do not watch or follow I hope it don't turn up on a boxing card I am watching. bc it takes up time when another fight could be shown. Same with those celebraty fights or youtubers whatever they are called I dont follow so they clog up a card that might be good is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bain01D View Post

I think this is her last fight for now, going to have an MMA bout next??
                  Thank you, because I have seen her training a lot with Jon Jones and Holly Holm, she has signed a MMA contract from what I read months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                    Give the women some three minute rounds, say 8 of them.
                    3 min rounds and smaller gloves.

Comment

Working...
                    X