Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennadiy Golovkin Turns Down Two Fight Offer to Face Jermall Charlo, Targets Murata or Munguia Next .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gennadiy Golovkin Turns Down Two Fight Offer to Face Jermall Charlo, Targets Murata or Munguia Next .

This is one of the fights I've wanted the most. Two strong MWs with very good chins and two fighters who would not take many steps back. Almost guaranteed FOTY type of match ups.

Oh well, Charlo needs to target Benavidez or Plant in 2021.

Probably wanted to put it in PPV, whilst DAZN offered him a 15m guaranteed to fight scrubs, no brainers, more money didn’t have to less... prizefighters aren’t all dumb

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Probably wanted to put it in PPV, whilst DAZN offered him a 15m guaranteed to fight scrubs, no brainers, more money didn’t have to less... prizefighters aren’t all dumb
      Charlo vs GGG would have definitely been on PPV for the one fight PBC would have put on. Before GGG signed with DAZN, he had offers from TR and PBC. If you recall, the two fight deal that PBC offered included a showdown vs Charlo as the second fight of the deal. So for sure this was going to go PPV....And let's be real, if Ruiz/Arreola is PPV, then this fight would DEFINITELY be on PPV.

My question is if DAZN would have bumped his pay for this fight? Would he make 20M instead of his usual 15M?

If the money was not going to go up all that much, then yeah GGG was not going to take a fight with Charlo when he could face inferior fighters for the same or similar amount of pay.

Comment

Golovkin = non-risk taking cherrypicker.

Yet his fans have the nerve to criticize Canelo.
        JrX, Fists_of_Fury and 2 others like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Golovkin = non-risk taking cherrypicker.

Yet his fans have the nerve to criticize Canelo.
          I think murata is a better fighter than charlo

Comment

Humiliating. And people wonder why I gave this coward a B minus on the grades.

Comment

I want to know how GGG fans defend this duck

Comment

"Sometimes reliable but not a real reporter " lol

Comment

LOL, Triple Duck waiting on that final Canelo payday.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post

I think murata is a better fighter than charlo
                    Come on, man.

Murata lost to Rob Brant.

Demetrius Andrade and Jermall Charlo are both available to Golovkin. He's taking the easy way out.

Comment

Working...
                    X