Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennadiy Golovkin Turns Down Two Fight Offer to Face Jermall Charlo, Targets Murata or Munguia Next .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Goat
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Golovkin = non-risk taking cherrypicker.

Yet his fans have the nerve to criticize Canelo.
    Yet.........fought the current #1 P4P fighter twice

Leave a comment:

• El_Maldito_Rey
    replied
    Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

If they really were garbage, guys from other promotions would fight them and not relinquish belts or fight lesser guys. Charlos are athletic, skilled and have power. The only reason people like you and others down them is because they are with PBC.

These are the exact kind of fighters NSB usually salivates over.
    Who is Andrade fighting next? When was his last big challenge? "oh but but Canelo turned him down" GTFO, like Canelo is the only boxer out there and like that didn't happen 5-6 years ago. Dude is 33 years old, no former or current champs on his resume, now signed on to fight a scrub that has been beaten twice by a Canelo leftover.

Same for Charlo, biggest win to date is a guy that lost to GGG (whether or not anyone agrees with the scorecard, officially he lost).

They've been fighting lesser guys their entire careers. If they're that good, then why don't they fight each other? Or I've been saying for a while now, Charlo should challenge Plant in May, and get that IBF belt to call Canelo's bluff in September. See who really wants that fight.

He already punked out of a Benavidez fight with all his excuses.

Leave a comment:

• KTFOKING
    replied

The Murata or Munguia fights are fine, but they aren't as compelling as Charlo. If this were Charlo turning down GGG to fight Murata or Munguia then everyone would be killing the fight as "not the best".

I've been calling for Charlo/GGG for years. To me it may be the best fight in boxing in terms of skill and pure carnage. That would be a GREAT exciting fight. Doesn't look like we will get it though. Oh well, Charlo vs Benavidez is the one to make then later this year with Plant sitting out until he gets the Canelo fight.

Leave a comment:

• The Big Dunn
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post
    Charlo's are garbage anyway. All that talk about going to 168, and doesn't want to risk his precious "0".

He and Andrade are cowards for not challenging themselves.
    If they really were garbage, guys from other promotions would fight them and not relinquish belts or fight lesser guys. Charlos are athletic, skilled and have power. The only reason people like you and others down them is because they are with PBC.

These are the exact kind of fighters NSB usually salivates over.

Leave a comment:

• The Big Dunn
    replied
    Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Looks like his team is focused on Murata or Munguia. Not bad fights to be honest. GGG will be a solid favorite in them but better than the likes of Rolls.
    The Murata or Munguia fights are fine, but they aren't as compelling as Charlo. If this were Charlo turning down GGG to fight Murata or Munguia then everyone would be killing the fight as "not the best".

Leave a comment:

• El_Maldito_Rey
    replied
    Charlo's are garbage anyway. All that talk about going to 168, and doesn't want to risk his precious "0".

He and Andrade are cowards for not challenging themselves.

Leave a comment:

• KTFOKING
    replied

GGG figures he's getting the Canelo 3 payday in September so he declined. I guess its Szermata level guys until then. Well I wasn't going to invest in DAZN anyway.
    Looks like his team is focused on Murata or Munguia. Not bad fights to be honest. GGG will be a solid favorite in them but better than the likes of Rolls.

Leave a comment:

• The Big Dunn
    replied
    Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

This is one of the fights I've wanted the most. Two strong MWs with very good chins and two fighters who would not take many steps back. Almost guaranteed FOTY type of match ups.

Oh well, Charlo needs to target Benavidez or Plant in 2021.
    GGG figures he's getting the Canelo 3 payday in September so he declined. I guess its Szermata level guys until then. Well I wasn't going to invest in DAZN anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Kezzer
    replied
    Do we know how much was offered? Wouldn’t surprise me if it was a pay cut vs what dazn offer

Leave a comment:

• AKAcronym
    replied
    Still no sources or anyone else picking this up. Sounds legit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X