Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennadiy Golovkin Turns Down Two Fight Offer to Face Jermall Charlo, Targets Murata or Munguia Next .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mammoth
    replied
    Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post

So, this isn't 'prize fighting' anymore?

Charlo can't sell tickets in his hometown if they cost a nickel and is a decently dangerous fighter.
    I want to see the fight too but I'm sure it's not a situation as simple as, GGG is ducking xxx person because he's scared.
    That's nonsense and you know it.
    Golovkin isn't challenging himself and he isn't going to challenge himself. It's a long history of ****ty fights and instead of using the time he's got left to try to cement a legacy he's content to stay on the path of least resistance.

Leave a comment:

• KTFOKING
    replied
    Originally posted by maguirre View Post
    Who made the offers? Did DAZN make the same offer to Charlo?
    You just asked who made the offer. I mean it literally tells you in that tweet who made the offer.

If you don't want to believe this report, then no problem. But not sure why you keep asking that question.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing Goat
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

How long ago was that? Look what Canelo has done and is doing since then.

Yet cretins on here dog him for every move he makes, while giving Golovkin a pass for every low risk fight he takes.
    lol @ you saying that. No hate on Canelo for taking out the trash last weekend. Mando's are what they are.

But, did you somehow forget that GGG beat Sergiy Derevyanchenko or something?

Geez, you fools never cease to amaze me at your hate

Leave a comment:

• Boxing Goat
    replied
    Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

He took a huge money fight twice? No way.
    So, this isn't 'prize fighting' anymore?

Charlo can't sell tickets in his hometown if they cost a nickel and is a decently dangerous fighter.
    I want to see the fight too but I'm sure it's not a situation as simple as, GGG is ducking xxx person because he's scared.
    That's nonsense and you know it.

Leave a comment:

• whollisboxing
    replied
    Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

This is one of the fights I've wanted the most. Two strong MWs with very good chins and two fighters who would not take many steps back. Almost guaranteed FOTY type of match ups.

Oh well, Charlo needs to target Benavidez or Plant in 2021.
    If this is true then it’s disappointing but not surprising. Munguia is exciting and vulnerable, which is ideal for an aging fighter with power and not much speed.

Murata is well-rounded but not great in any one aspect, plus he brings a huge fan base in Japan.

Charlo and Andrade both represent a difficult style matchup at this point in GGG’s career so I understand his reluctance to fight them, even if I don’t necessarily agree.

Leave a comment:

• maguirre
    replied
    Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

"Blatant misinformation" L-O-L.

Calm down there.

Pretty clear if you read the original post you will see who made the offer.

And offers can be made regardless of where a fighter is signed to.
    Who made the offers? Did DAZN make the same offer to Charlo?

Leave a comment:

• KTFOKING
    replied
    Originally posted by maguirre View Post
    Why are these types of threads allowed? This is blatant misinformation with no fear of any consequence.

Who made the offers? It can't possibly be from PBC. They can't even afford to make their fighters active.

It can't possibly from DAZN because Charlo is with Haymon.
    "Blatant misinformation" L-O-L.

Calm down there.

Pretty clear if you read the original post you will see who made the offer.

And offers can be made regardless of where a fighter is signed to.

Leave a comment:

• maguirre
    replied
    Why are these types of threads allowed? This is blatant misinformation with no fear of any consequence.

Who made the offers? It can't possibly be from PBC. They can't even afford to make their fighters active.

It can't possibly be from DAZN because Charlo is with Haymon.

Leave a comment:

• DaNeutral.
    replied
    7 pages in now, has a single word of this "news" been confirmed by anybody with a shred of legitimacy yet?

Leave a comment:

• buddyr
    replied
    Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post

I think murata is a better fighter than charlo
    I think you’re on drugs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X