Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennadiy Golovkin Turns Down Two Fight Offer to Face Jermall Charlo, Targets Murata or Munguia Next .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing-1013
    replied
    Originally posted by just the facts View Post

On cue, here comes gggs head cheerleader to save the day.
    In life, I call out stupidity where I see it. I expect better of my fellow man, and oftentimes I am left disappointed by the absolute stupidity I see.

On this site, much of that stupidity is centered around comments about GGG.

It generally comes from insecure, low-IQ 'men' who who for whatever reason feel really threatened by some 3/4 white, 1/4 korean 170 pound-soaking wet boxer from BFE Kazakstan. It is truly puzzling.

Keep getting worked up over it, I don't care. The dude was a great boxer in many's eyes and deserves some major props. Hope he retires with his faculties intact and can count and grow his money.

Leave a comment:

• Jubei
    replied
    Lol random Twitter dude, great source.

Leave a comment:

• Mammoth
    replied
    Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

What are Floyd's 3 best wins? To act like much of his resume isn't smoke and mirrors is very casual
    Lmao man the idea that someone wants to even go there to defend Golovkin is hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing-1013
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

I don't know what Mayweather has to do with this, but his legacy and historical standing were already set by the time he was 39.

With Golovkin all we know is that he could knock out cans really well...but that those KOs stopped coming as soon as he started fighting decent opposition.
    All we know about GGG, is that a past-it version of him still clearly beat Canelo, twice. That's pretty good, no?

Floyd was great but even casuals know much of his Money May resume is smoke and mirrors. I don't know exactly what you are though.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing-1013
    replied
    Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

You're comparing a guy with 3 notable opponents to Floyd Mayweather?
    What are Floyd's 3 best wins? To act like much of his resume isn't smoke and mirrors is very casual

Leave a comment:

• just the facts
    replied
    Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
    If you want to get some clout, just mention GGG's name. The usual suspects will swore he ducked you, and they will love you. They need a new hero to worship, everyday it seems.

GGG is 38. No one has really wanted to fight him his entire career - high risk, low reward. He could have negotiated a bit more himself if he wanted to secure 'legacy' fights, but why should he really have done that?

The same clowns and scrubs who hate on him now, would still hate on him regardless. He played his hand PERFECTLY in the end. Negotiated 2 Canelo paydays, and then used the leverage of a 3rd to get DAZN to overpay him. Will gross over 100 million dollars for his paydays on his fights. Probably only a couple handfuls worth of fighters can say that, all-time. Even if you adjust for inflation it's probably only about 20-25.

Charlo has never really wanted to fight anyone. Neither has Andrade. Canelo will fight guys, on his terms and his terms only. GGG is 38. If he wants to fight Mungia and Murata in big money fights, let him. If Andrade, Charlo etc are so down to fight anyone, why the fu.ck wouldn't they fight each other???? lol

Oh, it's because none of these guys really want to fight a really tough fight for not much pay. They want the Canelo payday (and in Andrade and Charlo's case, I don't even know if they want that). Or they just want to make a few million per fight fighting guys worse than Murata and Mungia. All the while, their 3 fans can go around saying they were ducked.
    On cue, here comes gggs head cheerleader to save the day.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing-1013
    replied
    Originally posted by kushking View Post

Translation "I love ggg & am happy hes hes wasted his career. I don't want to see him fight the best because he might lose... I mean get robbed"(Because hes unbeatable in your mind & Undefeated except for being reverse BenGGGamin button g of course)

Thats gggs biggest problem,he was either still green,or too old for the entirety of his career.(when he was prime he was a unknown,& when he became champ* he was being excused for fighting scrubs "because he was ducked in his prime" his stans would say)

Ggg is a busted flush,he doesn't care about fans,but they still excuse his ducking of tests.

Ggg has aged himself yrs & yrs & has less than half rds fought as 30 yr old Canelo. So this old excuse bs is hilarious
    I just think that, as usual, the criticism of GGG from some is not based in reality. It is always overboard. For some reason he really threatens some people and they don't evaluate him objectively.

Does he have flaws? Of course. Fair to critique any man or fighter. But to act like this 'offer' is anything more than an attempt for attention and clout is just silly. If guys like Charlo and Andrade were fighting everyone around them, you could have a point. But they are not. It's near impossible for 2 guys in the same division to be ducked by everyone lol. Do the math. Most guys in boxing like to brag about being ducked, all the while, they want to fight an easy enough win for a good payday.

If Charlo really wanted to make a fight he would be talking to Benevidez or Plant, no?

Leave a comment:

• just the facts
    replied
    Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post

I think murata is a better fighter than charlo
    I've read some really dumb statements on here and none more so than this one. How in the hell is Murata a better fighter than Charlo. Please explain.

Leave a comment:

• -Kev-
    replied
    My only question is how much is he getting paid for Charlo and how much would he get from DAZN for Munguia or Murata? If it’s the same amount of money then of course any fighter will go for the easier one. Especially if DAZN is offering him more Murata/Munguia.

Leave a comment:

• Mammoth
    replied
    Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
    no what I am doing is saying golovkin is almost at the end of his career and if he chooses to fight murata for more money then that’s his choice.....at 39 I don’t see that as ducking or maybe you do
    Not so much ducking, just taking the easier road. GGG vs Murata is a decent fight. Golovkin is a good fighter but for some reason he got a massive pass for rarely testing himself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X