Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennadiy Golovkin Turns Down Two Fight Offer to Face Jermall Charlo, Targets Murata or Munguia Next .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mammoth
    replied
    Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

Yeah I guess if I were as intellectually outgunned as you are when we talk, I would giggle to myself and try and deflect too.
    Giggle? A conspiracy theorist trying to condescend anybody makes laugh hard af.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing-1013
    replied
    Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Lol oh christ the election fraud weirdo is trying to get up on his high horse again.
    Yeah I guess if I were as intellectually outgunned as you are when we talk, I would giggle to myself and try and deflect too.

Leave a comment:

• Mammoth
    replied

Yet again, you don't mention Floyd's 3 best wins. Because again, you know that there are flaws with those wins as well.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/8/27/1...er-wins-ranked

This page lists his 3 best wins as: Cotto, JLC 1, and ODLH. Wow. Overall Floyd had a great resume. But again, overhyping it and trying to make it out to be otherworldly is foolish.

You are obviously a young guy, that is apparent from reading your posts on here. If you end up studying boxing history, you'll find most fighters, great or not, only have about 3-4 other 'great' matchups in their career. Ali had like 10. He is an aberration and that is reason why many call him the GOAT. Win or lose, he fought 10+ great fighters and fights on even terms.

Floyd, I don't even know what his cleanest win would be. Corrales? Lol. Floyd was great but putting him on a mantle and trying to slight GGG, it shows you just swallow propaganda. Even Hagler, Hearns, Duran, and SRL, how many great fights did they have? They have like 5 each. Which is what made all of those guys elite. They were all about 50-50 in those 5 fights. Floyd was great, but again, even most of his 'names' on his list come with age, weight, or form asterisks. Ignoring that is stupid.

People can get on GGG all they want. Idgaf. But if you say dumb stuff about anyone or anything I will reserve the right to respond. People like you who are ignorant of boxing history and just gargle whatever propaganda is thrown out, especially when it supports your desired fighter, should not be listened to and should be called out at every opportunity.

You should be taking notes, not trying to give lectures, kid.
    Lol oh christ the election fraud weirdo is trying to get up on his high horse again.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing-1013
    replied

No, I just flat out don't think anybody defending a guy with a resume as weak as Golovkin's can say anything about Floyd's. Doesn't matter how anybody wants to spin Floyd's resume, he's an ATG and Golovkin is nowhere close.
    Yet again, you don't mention Floyd's 3 best wins. Because again, you know that there are flaws with those wins as well.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/8/27/1...er-wins-ranked

This page lists his 3 best wins as: Cotto, JLC 1, and ODLH. Wow. Overall Floyd had a great resume. But again, overhyping it and trying to make it out to be otherworldly is foolish.

You are obviously a young guy, that is apparent from reading your posts on here. If you end up studying boxing history, you'll find most fighters, great or not, only have about 3-4 other 'great' matchups in their career. Ali had like 10. He is an aberration and that is reason why many call him the GOAT. Win or lose, he fought 10+ great fighters and fights on even terms.

Floyd, I don't even know what his cleanest win would be. Corrales? Lol. Floyd was great but putting him on a mantle and trying to slight GGG, it shows you just swallow propaganda. Even Hagler, Hearns, Duran, and SRL, how many great fights did they have? They have like 5 each. Which is what made all of those guys elite. They were all about 50-50 in those 5 fights. Floyd was great, but again, even most of his 'names' on his list come with age, weight, or form asterisks. Ignoring that is stupid.

People can get on GGG all they want. Idgaf. But if you say dumb stuff about anyone or anything I will reserve the right to respond. People like you who are ignorant of boxing history and just gargle whatever propaganda is thrown out, especially when it supports your desired fighter, should not be listened to and should be called out at every opportunity.

You should be taking notes, not trying to give lectures, kid.

Leave a comment:

• Mammoth
    replied

Yet you deflect. Because you know once you mention those top 3 wins, that anyone with any sense of boxing knowledge, can find flaws with those wins. And those are his top 3 wins.
    No, I just flat out don't think anybody defending a guy with a resume as weak as Golovkin's can say anything about Floyd's. Doesn't matter how anybody wants to spin Floyd's resume, he's an ATG and Golovkin is nowhere close.

Leave a comment:

• Floyd is TBE
    replied
    Lol at dudes asking for a legitimate source. Like you need a source to know GGG isn't going to fight to Charlo next. He made an entire career out of fighting euro trash and easy mandatories. Lil G ain't about to grow a spine now.

Leave a comment:

• kushking
    replied

I just think that, as usual, the criticism of GGG from some is not based in reality. It is always overboard. For some reason he really threatens some people and they don't evaluate him objectively.

Does he have flaws? Of course. Fair to critique any man or fighter. But to act like this 'offer' is anything more than an attempt for attention and clout is just silly. If guys like Charlo and Andrade were fighting everyone around them, you could have a point. But they are not. It's near impossible for 2 guys in the same division to be ducked by everyone lol. Do the math. Most guys in boxing like to brag about being ducked, all the while, they want to fight an easy enough win for a good payday.

If Charlo really wanted to make a fight he would be talking to Benevidez or Plant, no?
    I agree that this threads premise isn't based on anything solid whatsoever. I just was stating that he needs to stop avoiding the best or just retire.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing-1013
    replied
    Originally posted by just the facts View Post

I've told you before, every post you make shows boxing IQ and usually makes sense unless the topic has anything even remotely related to ggg. That's when your weakness shows.
    As I've said, there are things to critique GGG for. You can tell when someone critiques someone rationally and without emotion by the way. Even online it is obvious when someone critiques someone in that way.

Very rarely do you come across rational, unemotional criticism of GGG on this site. That is my point. That is why I point out those types of comments on here.

If people simply said, 'I think GGG was a good fighter, but he came up short of proving elite status in his 4 biggest fights', who could hate on that? But you never see those types of critiques on GGG. Because his haters are far too emotional to take seriously. They should all take a deep breath, take a step back from the situation, and try to evaluate with clear eyes. Their biases are all too obvious.

Leave a comment:

• just the facts
    replied

In life, I call out stupidity where I see it. I expect better of my fellow man, and oftentimes I am left disappointed by the absolute stupidity I see.

On this site, much of that stupidity is centered around comments about GGG.

It generally comes from insecure, low-IQ 'men' who who for whatever reason feel really threatened by some 3/4 white, 1/4 korean 170 pound-soaking wet boxer from BFE Kazakstan. It is truly puzzling.

Keep getting worked up over it, I don't care. The dude was a great boxer in many's eyes and deserves some major props. Hope he retires with his faculties intact and can count and grow his money.
    I've told you before, every post you make shows boxing IQ and usually makes sense unless the topic has anything even remotely related to ggg. That's when your weakness shows.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing-1013
    replied

Lmao man the idea that someone wants to even go there to defend Golovkin is hilarious.
    Yet you deflect. Because you know once you mention those top 3 wins, that anyone with any sense of boxing knowledge, can find flaws with those wins. And those are his top 3 wins.

Hating on people better than you will never make you better bro. Remember that. Work on yourself and leave the self-hatred out of it. You'll have a better life.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X