Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennadiy Golovkin Turns Down Two Fight Offer to Face Jermall Charlo, Targets Murata or Munguia Next .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing-1013
    replied
    Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Um, Coppinger hasn't been on PBC on FOX since he signed with The Athletic.

Hearn literally went clubbing with Coppinger for his birthday. It is well known that those two are close and Coppinger often times reports on what Hearn wants him to report. Take for example, Coppinger has NEVER reported on viewing numbers in the UK. Yet for the first two shows during the pandemic that Warren put on, Coppinger started to report the numbers and said he got it from the Nielson ratings. Only problem? Nielson ratings don't exist in the UK! Hearn was telling him those numbers and then when Hearn started to put on shows, magically Coppinger stopped reporting those numbers.

Coppinger on February 4th tweeted that if any fighter wants to comment on MTK or Kinahan for a story he is writing they can....Well, a month later and the story is not out. Why is that? The leaked e-mail that Coppinger reported regarding Lopez and TR trying to collude against DAZN/Matchroom bidding. Who do you think his source was there?

But every reporter is bought in some ways. So it is what it is and not a knock on Coppinger. He does break more stories than anyone else...He gets some wrong too, but from the big names, he is usually out front with stuff.

It isn't exposing me at all. You are clearly feeling a certain away since it involved GGG, which is fine. You like GGG quite a bit and he is one of your favorites. We all have our favorites. But exposing me? Nope, not even close.

And how I presented it? Ha! I literally in my initial post say it is when one of the fights I've wanted for a while and it is a guaranteed action packed fight. Then said Charlo needs to fight Benavidez or Plant in 2021. You are the one that got super upset about it and tried to come to your own conclusion. You implied I am saying GGG turning down the offer means he is ducking Charlo when that was never said.

So yeah, I'm good over here. It is YOU that clearly were upset by something.
    GGG is a great fighter. I respect his style in the ring and he seems like a good dude. I critique him when warranted as well and have done so many times.

My comments in 'defense' of him are really just in response to his haters who for some reason get super emotional and threatened by some 170 soaking wet MW from BFE. His haters go way overboard in their hate. I point out things like that on here. I do it for any fighter or situation. It just so happens that GGG probably gets more of those types of comments than anyone else.

I call out Rev, or I used to before he blocked me, all the time for the incredibly stupid stuff he says about Crawford as well. Called out Fury fans for their 'Fury is the GOAT' 'Wilder sucks' comments after Fury beat him in fight 2. You can't really hold both of those opinions simultaneously.

If people kept their criticisms of fighters reasonable, I wouldn't call anyone out. But when people go overboard, about any fighter, then yes I will call that out.

Leave a comment:

• KTFOKING
    replied
    Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

I'm not upset. I'm just calling you out on your bullsh.it. And when you are trying to be slick, just admit it. Because when you try to weasel out of it, as you're doing now, you look like a complete scrub.

Coppinger is on PBC on Fox ALL THE TIME!!!! for example. So the 'he is tight with Hearn' line is a complete bullsh.it excuse and laughable. I honestly can't believe you just tried to throw that bullsh.it out there to try and build some credibility. Lol that is hilarious. Coppinger is literally accused of being a PBC shill all the time, and with good reason.

My point overall was 1) it was obviously a BS story from one side to try and make their guy look good, when in reality that fight has many obstacles to it. And 2) the way you presented the story was very low class, and it exposed you. But you do you. Every time you try to double down and explain it away, it exposes you further, so keep it up.

I already proved my point. It was obviously a bullsh.it story, and you got fooled by it. Because you're obviously kind of a fanboy. So it exposed you and continues to expose you when you try and give the story legitimacy.
    Um, Coppinger hasn't been on PBC on FOX since he signed with The Athletic.

Hearn literally went clubbing with Coppinger for his birthday. It is well known that those two are close and Coppinger often times reports on what Hearn wants him to report. Take for example, Coppinger has NEVER reported on viewing numbers in the UK. Yet for the first two shows during the pandemic that Warren put on, Coppinger started to report the numbers and said he got it from the Nielson ratings. Only problem? Nielson ratings don't exist in the UK! Hearn was telling him those numbers and then when Hearn started to put on shows, magically Coppinger stopped reporting those numbers.

Coppinger on February 4th tweeted that if any fighter wants to comment on MTK or Kinahan for a story he is writing they can....Well, a month later and the story is not out. Why is that? The leaked e-mail that Coppinger reported regarding Lopez and TR trying to collude against DAZN/Matchroom bidding. Who do you think his source was there?

But every reporter is bought in some ways. So it is what it is and not a knock on Coppinger. He does break more stories than anyone else...He gets some wrong too, but from the big names, he is usually out front with stuff.

It isn't exposing me at all. You are clearly feeling a certain away since it involved GGG, which is fine. You like GGG quite a bit and he is one of your favorites. We all have our favorites. But exposing me? Nope, not even close.

And how I presented it? Ha! I literally in my initial post say it is when one of the fights I've wanted for a while and it is a guaranteed action packed fight. Then said Charlo needs to fight Benavidez or Plant in 2021. You are the one that got super upset about it and tried to come to your own conclusion. You implied I am saying GGG turning down the offer means he is ducking Charlo when that was never said.

So yeah, I'm good over here. It is YOU that clearly were upset by something.

Leave a comment:

• SeboPlus
    replied
    omg, at the very beginning of this thread there was nothing offensive, now the thread is getting hotter

Leave a comment:

• Boxing-1013
    replied

No, you are definitely upset. There are hardly any threads you see on this site that use the word "Report" in the headline. If Coppinger or Rafael or anyone reports something, that is the headline. We are not reporters needing to use the words "report" or "sources."

I mean Coppinger said it is a BS report, and he is extremely tight with Hearn. Ranger has the PBC sources so it just depends on who you want to believe. No certainty either the report is true or false. Charlo himself said he was told that Golovkin doesn't want it right now so it is clear where Ranger got his report from.
    I'm not upset. I'm just calling you out on your bullsh.it. And when you are trying to be slick, just admit it. Because when you try to weasel out of it, as you're doing now, you look like a complete scrub.

Coppinger is on PBC on Fox ALL THE TIME!!!! for example. So the 'he is tight with Hearn' line is a complete bullsh.it excuse and laughable. I honestly can't believe you just tried to throw that bullsh.it out there to try and build some credibility. Lol that is hilarious. Coppinger is literally accused of being a PBC shill all the time, and with good reason.

My point overall was 1) it was obviously a BS story from one side to try and make their guy look good, when in reality that fight has many obstacles to it. And 2) the way you presented the story was very low class, and it exposed you. But you do you. Every time you try to double down and explain it away, it exposes you further, so keep it up.

I already proved my point. It was obviously a bullsh.it story, and you got fooled by it. Because you're obviously kind of a fanboy. So it exposed you and continues to expose you when you try and give the story legitimacy.
    Last edited by Boxing-1013; 03-05-2021, 12:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KTFOKING
    replied

Not upset, was just calling you out. And looks like I was right. It was a BS 'report' and shouldn't even be a thread.
    No, you are definitely upset. There are hardly any threads you see on this site that use the word "Report" in the headline. If Coppinger or Rafael or anyone reports something, that is the headline. We are not reporters needing to use the words "report" or "sources."

I mean Coppinger said it is a BS report, and he is extremely tight with Hearn. Ranger has the PBC sources so it just depends on who you want to believe. No certainty either the report is true or false. Charlo himself said he was told that Golovkin doesn't want it right now so it is clear where Ranger got his report from.

Leave a comment:

• Jubei
    replied
    Shame on you for believing and even posting that trash. Shows your poor intellect. Hopefully you learned from it.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing-1013
    replied

I posted the headline of the report.

I don't need to "own" up to anything.

I also posted in this thread that this doesn't mean GGG is ducking Charlo or the report even needs to be believed.

I also posted in the thread where Charlo mentions that Haymon told him that Golovkin doesn't want the fight "right now."

I also posted Coppinger's tweet in this thread disputing this report.

New developments come, and they get posted.

Not sure what you are so upset by.
    Not upset, was just calling you out. And looks like I was right. It was a BS 'report' and shouldn't even be a thread.

Leave a comment:

• KTFOKING
    replied

If you're going to do it, you may as well own it. Don't backtrack.

"Gennadiy Golovkin Turns Down Two Fight Offer to Face Jermall Charlo, Targets Murata or Munguia Next ."

That was your headline. If you were just reporting things, you would say 'reportedly' etc, in your title. You would also go into the details of the 'offer'. Acting like this 'offer' is anything more than a move to get attention and clout is silly.

Post the thread then where you've posted the same about Charlo, and I'll at least give you kudos as an equal opportunity troll.
    I posted the headline of the report.

I don't need to "own" up to anything.

I also posted in this thread that this doesn't mean GGG is ducking Charlo or the report even needs to be believed.

I also posted in the thread where Charlo mentions that Haymon told him that Golovkin doesn't want the fight "right now."

I also posted Coppinger's tweet in this thread disputing this report.

New developments come, and they get posted.

Not sure what you are so upset by.

Leave a comment:

• Boxing-1013
    replied

Why not? Charlo has turned down DAZN offers in the past.

I never even said anyone has to believe this report or that GGG is ducking Charlo. This is literally what is posted on this site on a daily basis…. Reports from boxing folks.
    If you're going to do it, you may as well own it. Don't backtrack.

"Gennadiy Golovkin Turns Down Two Fight Offer to Face Jermall Charlo, Targets Murata or Munguia Next ."

That was your headline. If you were just reporting things, you would say 'reportedly' etc, in your title. You would also go into the details of the 'offer'. Acting like this 'offer' is anything more than a move to get attention and clout is silly.

Post the thread then where you've posted the same about Charlo, and I'll at least give you kudos as an equal opportunity troll.

Leave a comment:

• Ray*
    replied

No truth to this report according to Coppinger!

Hearn was having none of this!
    I can believe it, maybe when he was a free agent. And was looking at deals from different networks before signing with DAZN.

But there is NO way PBC would offer him a fight with Charlo now or after he signed with DAZN.

PBC likes to work alone, not way would they allow Charlo to make a lot of money by fighting GGG right now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X