Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennadiy Golovkin Turns Down Two Fight Offer to Face Jermall Charlo, Targets Murata or Munguia Next .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

I don't know what Mayweather has to do with this, but his legacy and historical standing were already set by the time he was 39.

With Golovkin all we know is that he could knock out cans really well...but that those KOs stopped coming as soon as he started fighting decent opposition.
    All we know about GGG, is that a past-it version of him still clearly beat Canelo, twice. That's pretty good, no?

Floyd was great but even casuals know much of his Money May resume is smoke and mirrors. I don't know exactly what you are though.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

What are Floyd's 3 best wins? To act like much of his resume isn't smoke and mirrors is very casual
      Lmao man the idea that someone wants to even go there to defend Golovkin is hilarious.

Comment

Lol random Twitter dude, great source.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post

On cue, here comes gggs head cheerleader to save the day.
          In life, I call out stupidity where I see it. I expect better of my fellow man, and oftentimes I am left disappointed by the absolute stupidity I see.

On this site, much of that stupidity is centered around comments about GGG.

It generally comes from insecure, low-IQ 'men' who who for whatever reason feel really threatened by some 3/4 white, 1/4 korean 170 pound-soaking wet boxer from BFE Kazakstan. It is truly puzzling.

Keep getting worked up over it, I don't care. The dude was a great boxer in many's eyes and deserves some major props. Hope he retires with his faculties intact and can count and grow his money.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Lmao man the idea that someone wants to even go there to defend Golovkin is hilarious.
            Yet you deflect. Because you know once you mention those top 3 wins, that anyone with any sense of boxing knowledge, can find flaws with those wins. And those are his top 3 wins.

Hating on people better than you will never make you better bro. Remember that. Work on yourself and leave the self-hatred out of it. You'll have a better life.

Comment

In life, I call out stupidity where I see it. I expect better of my fellow man, and oftentimes I am left disappointed by the absolute stupidity I see.

On this site, much of that stupidity is centered around comments about GGG.

It generally comes from insecure, low-IQ 'men' who who for whatever reason feel really threatened by some 3/4 white, 1/4 korean 170 pound-soaking wet boxer from BFE Kazakstan. It is truly puzzling.

Keep getting worked up over it, I don't care. The dude was a great boxer in many's eyes and deserves some major props. Hope he retires with his faculties intact and can count and grow his money.
              I've told you before, every post you make shows boxing IQ and usually makes sense unless the topic has anything even remotely related to ggg. That's when your weakness shows.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post

I've told you before, every post you make shows boxing IQ and usually makes sense unless the topic has anything even remotely related to ggg. That's when your weakness shows.
                As I've said, there are things to critique GGG for. You can tell when someone critiques someone rationally and without emotion by the way. Even online it is obvious when someone critiques someone in that way.

Very rarely do you come across rational, unemotional criticism of GGG on this site. That is my point. That is why I point out those types of comments on here.

If people simply said, 'I think GGG was a good fighter, but he came up short of proving elite status in his 4 biggest fights', who could hate on that? But you never see those types of critiques on GGG. Because his haters are far too emotional to take seriously. They should all take a deep breath, take a step back from the situation, and try to evaluate with clear eyes. Their biases are all too obvious.

Comment

I just think that, as usual, the criticism of GGG from some is not based in reality. It is always overboard. For some reason he really threatens some people and they don't evaluate him objectively.

Does he have flaws? Of course. Fair to critique any man or fighter. But to act like this 'offer' is anything more than an attempt for attention and clout is just silly. If guys like Charlo and Andrade were fighting everyone around them, you could have a point. But they are not. It's near impossible for 2 guys in the same division to be ducked by everyone lol. Do the math. Most guys in boxing like to brag about being ducked, all the while, they want to fight an easy enough win for a good payday.

If Charlo really wanted to make a fight he would be talking to Benevidez or Plant, no?
                  I agree that this threads premise isn't based on anything solid whatsoever. I just was stating that he needs to stop avoiding the best or just retire.

Comment

Lol at dudes asking for a legitimate source. Like you need a source to know GGG isn't going to fight to Charlo next. He made an entire career out of fighting euro trash and easy mandatories. Lil G ain't about to grow a spine now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

Yet you deflect. Because you know once you mention those top 3 wins, that anyone with any sense of boxing knowledge, can find flaws with those wins. And those are his top 3 wins.
                      No, I just flat out don't think anybody defending a guy with a resume as weak as Golovkin's can say anything about Floyd's. Doesn't matter how anybody wants to spin Floyd's resume, he's an ATG and Golovkin is nowhere close.

Comment

Working...
                      X