Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gervonta Davis to Announce Summer Fight In The Upcoming Days, Possibly Ryan Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post

We shall see who he picks, Mario Barrios at 140 that would be taking a serious risk which is what people want and people complaining that he fights smaller guys so I would give him all the credit in the world if he jumps up to 140 for Barrios but I have my doubts. Probably some Interim Champ or other WBA Champion at 130-135 maybe Roger Gutierrez, Rolando Romero, Mark Urbanov one of those guys. Maybe not even a Boxer? Who knows I guess we will have to wait and see
    I think that Barrios is trash though tbh man. Tank ices him IMO. Reminds me of Canelo stepping up to fight Fielding, not quite as bad as that but similar parallels.

I’d be more than happy with Fortuna, that’s a decent fight IMO.

Comment

Davis vs Mark Urvanov

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Who the fook is Lupe Valencia?

I highly doubt its Ryan Garcia.

I feel like its Barrios. Thats the perfect fight from Tank's POV & for what his casual fans care about without virtually any of us hardcore fans giving a fook about it. Makes him a 3 weight champ with a very Broner-like resume to win those titles. I'll give him credit for the Pedraza win, but if he were to win titles 2 & 3 via Yuri & Mario its not impressive at all & its kinda like a grown man being hyped he won a archery contest for 12 year old & under children.
        Ryan Garcia's advisor and someone who is close with Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Ryan Garcia's advisor and someone who is close with Haymon.
          Hmmm. Is this guy legit or is he some sorta bs artist/headline maker type advisor?

Also anyone that speak spanish confirm what he said?

Comment

Tank vs Barrios would be an interesting fight. I don't think Tank has the dimensions to fight at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

I think that Barrios is trash though tbh man. Tank ices him IMO. Reminds me of Canelo stepping up to fight Fielding, not quite as bad as that but similar parallels.

Yeah I'm not high on Barrios either his Defense is terrible BUT the kid is a HUGE 140 and he can Punch. Yeah Fortuna would be much better

Comment

Hmmm. Is this guy legit or is he some sorta bs artist/headline maker type advisor?

It’s weird to me because it says “Ryan Garcia’s lawyer has confirmed they are negotiating with Gervonta Davis”. (Rough translation off the top of my head, i’m not actively reading the Spanish version). What’s weird is that “abogado” is lawyer. So idk. The two most common ways to say advisor in Spanish is “consejero/a”, or “asesor/asesora”. You can also say “tutor/tutora”. They all pretty much mean the same thing. Counselor, tutor, advisor. But never heard of lawyer meaning advisor. Unless his lawyer IS also his advisor.

Comment

Lupe? Yeah, he's definitely legit.

If you recall, when Ryan Garcia said he spoke to Haymon before the Campbell fight, it was through Lupe.

Lupe also is the advisor to Jessie Vargas and I'm sure other fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

It’s weird to me because it says “Ryan Garcia’s lawyer has confirmed they are negotiating with Gervonta Davis”. (Rough translation off the top of my head, i’m not actively reading the Spanish version). What’s weird is that “abogado” is lawyer. So idk. The two most common ways to say advisor in Spanish is “consejero/a”, or “asesor/asesora”. You can also say “tutor/tutora”. They all pretty much mean the same thing. Counselor, tutor, advisor. But never heard of lawyer meaning advisor. Unless his lawyer IS also his advisor.
                    Yep, Lupe IS a lawyer as well as Ryan's advisor.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

See, I disagree. Barrios isn't great but we don't even know what type of pop Tank will have at 135 against the top dogs, let alone at 140. Barrios will be a WW soon enough and Tank is not a big guy at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X