Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspired
    replied
    Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

What does Parker wearing them have to do with anything? They picked up the glove, and said that particular pair was no good. They weren't talking about the brand, they said that particular pair. And obviously the same ring was used for the duration, the argument would have been that the agreed on ring was to be used the whole show. Nobody is accusing them of swapping the ring out between fights when nobody was looking. And at least you didn't claim the Whyte/Rivas thing was BS.

They were new/sealed gloves from approved brands. Both opened and tested from both sides in front of each other. What usyk's coach started questioning was the brand/make itself when he said 'bad gloves'. That was why David Haye said 'all gloves are different, some have thicker padding'.

That's why when they took the issue to Eddie, Eddie referred back to the brand itself.

If the argument was 'no we're not on about the brand, this specific pair has been tampered' then eddie won't be saying 'they're an approved brand and other boxers wear them'. You go with how the conversation flows, it's the glove type/brand they're challenging.

Actually, here's the clip
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_i3z17cei4
    5:00
    usyk's guy says to eddie 'the fly glove, which we've never heard about'
    and eddie says 'they're used very often'

Also, im watching Usyk's interview now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zizD...channel=USYK17

I havent watched this interview myself before, i only read some stuff about what usyk had allegedly said. So far usyk has not said anything bad per se, the interviewer was driving the narrative. Usyk was just keeping it simple, saying "k2 promotions should handle these things".

The interviewer asked Usyk "why didnt you wear the same glove as usyk?"
    so it's not that THE glove was tampered it's more the brand/style they're challenging.

Interesting stuff really...the interviewer was actually directly challenging and dissing usyk eg 'you were slower/crap in that fight vs chisora' and usyk's like 'really?' (he's clearly just annoyed at this idiot and putting up with him for the sake of the interview'.

in fact this interviewer is such a prat that he's making up his own version of events TO usyk.
    Eg "and then eddie hearn said mayweather also wears that brand"
    no, eddie didnt say that. That guy had watched the same video ive linked.

​​​​​​Usyk then says he had an injury.
    etc
    i cba watching the rest of it, but i get the gist.

As for the ring, no my point was the ring/size was exactly the same for every card Matchroom put on during the time they were doing shows there. I think they did about 3-4 on the trot inc AJs fight with Pulev. Same ring/size.

Actually again, Usyk's interview he's said he texted eddie and eddie said "it was the same size as the one you were in when you fought Tony Bellew", so to Usyk's credit HE was not claiming the ring was a problem. He's just acknowleding the interviewer trying to create that argument.

smh, cant believe the nonsense in boxing.

Leave a comment:

• _Rexy_
    replied
    Originally posted by Inspired View Post

Usyk's team weren't claiming the gloves were seperately tampered with. They were arguing that the glove(thebrand, the design etc) itself is not good, doesn't have enough padding. David Haye and then Eddie Hearn told them they're FLY brand gloves and are used regularly by lots of boxers.
    Dillian Whyte and Chisora wear Fly brand gloves.
    The bbboc said they're approved gloves.
    _102735723_gettyimages-1006857886.jpg
    parker's wearing them.

perhaps Usyk's team have not come across those gloves before?
    usyk wears rival gloves. Gassiev, Hunter, Breidis wore rival gloves.

then there's the thing i mentioned, politics, k2 and usyk.

Even what usyk said about the ring, was BS.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJNGXp4S_Sw
    the same ring/rope position was kept for the entire duration of the SSE arena/matchroom cards.

What does Parker wearing them have to do with anything? They picked up the glove, and said that particular pair was no good. They weren't talking about the brand, they said that particular pair. And obviously the same ring was used for the duration, the argument would have been that the agreed on ring was to be used the whole show. Nobody is accusing them of swapping the ring out between fights when nobody was looking. And at least you didn't claim the Whyte/Rivas thing was BS.

Leave a comment:

• Inspired
    replied

The issue was that the padding wasn't right. They mentioned the second they felt the gloves during the inspection. That's the whole point of the day before inspection. Why even have that in place when the BBBoE can just shut them down and say "no, it's fine. Shut up" or even worse, the BS behind the Whyte/Rivas fight
    Usyk's team weren't claiming the gloves were seperately tampered with. They were arguing that the glove(thebrand, the design etc) itself is not good, doesn't have enough padding. David Haye and then Eddie Hearn told them they're FLY brand gloves and are used regularly by lots of boxers.
    Dillian Whyte and Chisora wear Fly brand gloves.
    The bbboc said they're approved gloves.
    _102735723_gettyimages-1006857886.jpg
    parker's wearing them.

perhaps Usyk's team have not come across those gloves before?
    usyk wears rival gloves. Gassiev, Hunter, Breidis wore rival gloves.

then there's the thing i mentioned, politics, k2 and usyk.

Even what usyk said about the ring, was BS.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJNGXp4S_Sw
    the same ring/rope position was kept for the entire duration of the SSE arena/matchroom cards.

Leave a comment:

• ShaneMosleySr
    replied
    If he’s 257, he’s 25-30 pounds overweight.

Congratulations to the fat ass on being fat.

I don’t know why we’re applauding him.

Leave a comment:

• _Rexy_
    replied

they didn't have any real concrete argument. they just tried to make it look controversial by saying "these could be tampered, we want to check" whilst the bbboc said "they've been checked, you're not allowed to start putting your cocks in them"

that's the way it works. the bbboc/commissions can't just allow either side to 'handle' the others gloves beyond a certain level. anything could occur within that time. this is one of them where the trust goes to the commissions. no different to a ref checking the gloves just before a fight. you have to trust the ref right? you can't say 'nah i dont trust the ref, i want to check myself'.

besides, we saw from the fight itself that there was nothing about chisora that was any different than before. what was usyk claiming that chisora had loaded gloves? we saw a fair fight didn't we? we saw chisora do what he does and saw usyk almost stop him but it went the distance. usyk moaning/whining in an interview later, as i said, was entirely about creating his own promotion/management company to replace k2. he was badmouthing k2.
    The issue was that the padding wasn't right. They mentioned the second they felt the gloves during the inspection. That's the whole point of the day before inspection. Why even have that in place when the BBBoE can just shut them down and say "no, it's fine. Shut up" or even worse, the BS behind the Whyte/Rivas fight

Leave a comment:

• Inspired
    replied

There's a video of his team bringing the gloves to the attention of the BBBoE and Chisoras team before the fight, and them cutting them off and not allowing it
    they didn't have any real concrete argument. they just tried to make it look controversial by saying "these could be tampered, we want to check" whilst the bbboc said "they've been checked, you're not allowed to start putting your cocks in them"

that's the way it works. the bbboc/commissions can't just allow either side to 'handle' the others gloves beyond a certain level. anything could occur within that time. this is one of them where the trust goes to the commissions. no different to a ref checking the gloves just before a fight. you have to trust the ref right? you can't say 'nah i dont trust the ref, i want to check myself'.

besides, we saw from the fight itself that there was nothing about chisora that was any different than before. what was usyk claiming that chisora had loaded gloves? we saw a fair fight didn't we? we saw chisora do what he does and saw usyk almost stop him but it went the distance. usyk moaning/whining in an interview later, as i said, was entirely about creating his own promotion/management company to replace k2. he was badmouthing k2.

Leave a comment:

• _Rexy_
    replied

there's no truth to what usyk said at all. The ring for the chisora fight was the same for all the other Matchroom cards done at the SSE arena. you can watch those cards and visually compare, same size, the ropes were in the same position.

Usyk had his own agenda there.

https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/boxi...x1qjlq4ulmb47n

he blamed k2 promotions. basically claiming that THEY didnt look out for his interests and didnt protect him. k2 is owned by the Klitschko's.
    Usyk clearly wants to be a promoter in ukraine himself..that's the agenda.

he was bsing about the ring/gloves situation..making excuses too.
    i like usyk, but clearly talking smack there. he claimed that Matchroom wanted usyk to lose to 'protect joshua'
    BUT there's a huge difference between aj and someone like wilder..
    aj actually prefers usyk to be unbeaten so if they fight it's easy to sell. he's about ppv and ticket sales..selling the fight. chisora has a lot of losses and was only set up for usyk so he could WIN, against a fan favourite and set him up for aj.
    aj was at the fight. in truth they were supposed to fight but whyte losing and wilder becoming a mumble rapper/singer meant aj vs fury was pushed instead.

There's a video of his team bringing the gloves to the attention of the BBBoE and Chisoras team before the fight, and them cutting them off and not allowing it

Leave a comment:

• New England
    replied
    i will never trust this dude until i see a scale. when you're that big it doesn't lie. when you're not training ahrd you puton we3ight, and wehn you are you lose it. ruiz should be 240 lbs., he's 6'1" tall and does not have big shoulders. if he was never 300 lbs and morbidly obese as a young man he'd proabably have started out as a cruiserweight

Leave a comment:

• Szef
    replied
    https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/s...712806418?s=20
    Last edited by Szef; 04-19-2021, 06:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BodyBagz
    replied
    Originally posted by paulf View Post
    Taking pics from the fat girl on MySpace angle. Let’s wait until fight night.
    Yup.............

Leave a comment:

Working...
X