Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Dirrell, Kyrone Davis Fight To Split Decision Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christ almighty, Dirrell couldn't even beat Davis at 168?? Jeeeezus, he really is done. Just sacrifice him to Plant in the Spring, he has no chance of winning that fight and it will be a nice resume builder and feather in the cap of Plant going into the Canelo fight in September

Comment

Horrible fight.

Dat slick, sweet science doe....

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
        Horrible fight.

Dat slick, sweet science doe....
        you wittle wee wee is affecting you again

Comment

This is my thought on Dirrell even if you had him winning slightly he fought a guy with 16 total fights never fought at 168 and he struggled and didn't look like a top caliber Super middleweight period. I don't care what gym or trainers who have him I seen no improvements or development at this stage of his career. He spoke about using his opponent as a intro rapper for his next fight, well maybe it is him that need to walk someone in rapping because boxing wise he's dead.

Comment

Dirrell definitely won. Let’s see how much butt kissing goes on next week to get a shot at a mailbag comment.

Comment

I picked Davis. I had been in a serious slump for predicting these matches lately so I am just taking it as a win.

Be interesting to see what position these men put themselves in this division.
              Last edited by landotter; 02-28-2021, 11:38 AM.

Comment

I thought Dirrel won but I didn’t like the way he was getting touched so much. Dirrel did land the harder shots and I think he deserved the decision but he didn’t separate himself from Davis enough for me to believe he’s going to be a major player at 168. Canelo and Benevidez will eat him alive at this point. I wouldn’t mind seeing Dirrell fight Plant. I would have to favour Plant in that one too, but I’m still not 100% sold on Plant yet....He may be the goods but we need to see more to know for sure.
                Last edited by Damn Wicked; 02-28-2021, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Sadly...this was a dead-end fight when it was signed. Nobody knows how Davis is and Dirrell hasn't done much since losing to Jack back in 2016. Both Dirrell brothers are talented but can't seem to put it all together when the bell rings.

What did we have to look forward to if Dirrell won? A Benadivez rematch that the commentators couldn't seem to stop talking about during the fight? No way. Davis is rather unknown and Fox had some 'not-so-great' things to say about his styles before the first bell.

Now...if they do a rematch and Davis stops Dirrell, that'll mean more for his career than Dirrell beating him in any fashion.

Comment

Working...
                  X