Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't Jermall Charlo asking for Caleb Plant or David Benavidez next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadoww702
    replied
    I'm pretty sure not one of them is even close to a mando???

Leave a comment:

• Shadoww702
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    I mean, Canelo critics want him to fight everyone under the sun.

How about asking for Charlo to move up in weight or get a belt at 168 so that if Canelo wants to unify he HAS to see him?
    U see who Bivol and Bieterbiev are fighting next? Yet not one person has a problem with it....

Adam Deines

And

Lenin Castillo

Yup I had to Google them also...

And Benavidez???

Some dude named Ronald Ellis??? I think he was in a Harry Potter movie???

Leave a comment:

• Thuglife Nelo
    replied

I always thought Jermall was the better fighter but you are right, Jermell has stepped up and fought pretty much everyone there is to fight.
    I like the LDBC psychology; “yeah but Canelo ducked Charlos” whenever their careers are mentioned or how it will end, particularly with Jermall Charlo. Jermall’s lineage of being Champion is Bundrage and elevated to WBC Middleweight Champ status. Jermall’s most challenging fights on paper were Korobov and Derevyanchenko. Canelo is better than...

Leave a comment:

• ShoulderRoll
    replied
    Originally posted by boxinglife8 View Post

He called out Benavidez then said im not fighting anyone under 25.This a new ducking technique i have not seen before.I like the younger brother more than this one
    I always thought Jermall was the better fighter but you are right, Jermell has stepped up and fought pretty much everyone there is to fight.

Leave a comment:

• boxinglife8
    replied

How about asking for Charlo to move up in weight or get a belt at 168 so that if Canelo wants to unify he HAS to see him?
    He called out Benavidez then said im not fighting anyone under 25.This a new ducking technique i have not seen before.I like the younger brother more than this one

Leave a comment:

• ShoulderRoll
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Thuglife Nelo
    replied
    Because industry knows that Al Haymon exploits job security. The smartest thing Al Haymon did was “over pay” traditional standards. He knew that in order to solidify high trust and less doubt was to compensate his fighters where they wouldn’t question his business practices. Promoters have always gauged risk to protect themselves or insure the most profits. With Haymon and his investment backing he preferred to just pay a bigger lump sum at the get go. This gave the fighter the idea that he was better compensated than traditional methods and that Haymon would be at the risk. With the loophole as well this benefitted Al because he isn’t a licensed promoter too, simply a “financial advisor.”

this is all good for the boxer to earn money, but then a trend ensues where the boxer becomes spoiled and basically become a “yes man” as long as he knows he’ll be making good money again.

ive noticed a trend since DAZN started, and the facts were that a new player was playing Al’s game to overcompensate. The difference is that DAZN’s backer is a multi billionaire and a complete different protocol. To a PBC fighter they must acknowledge the times changing with technology, naturally, and seeing other stars making big purses too. I’d say the happiest PBC fighter as of late was Andy Ruiz. He made so much money from the AJ series, some of the guys surely must know that DAZN had the money too. So then Corona comes and all of the GBP PBC fighters have been extremely quiet since they know very well that Al’s traditional network clients had shut down American sports. Which means if the channels aren’t buying fights, and if they did, price cuts would ensue. This is why they’ve all been PPV as of late so that Al says the drawing power will come from “you” and make all neutral from a purse perspective.

the PBC fighters are most likely under contract with Al’s clients. They are in the dark. They can’t even call out the fighters they want because of job security or get approval from Al.

this is all Karma from being stolen from GBP as well as the LDBC making PBC ghetto domain.

hallelujah!

Leave a comment:

• Why isn't Jermall Charlo asking for Caleb Plant or David Benavidez next?

They are all on the same side of the street. Should be easy fights to make.

Benavidez even called him out recently.

Why doesn't he take a risk, challenge himself, and dare to be great?
Working...
X