No announcement yet.

Death Becomes July: Ten Counts To The Lesser Known

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Becomes July: Ten Counts To The Lesser Known

By Jake Donovan - For years, those attached to the fight game have scoffed at the mainstream perception that boxing is dead.

Perhaps they were speaking in the literal sense.

This weekend saw the untimely passing of yet another notable figure, when Vernon Forrest wound up on the wrong end of a deadly shootout Saturday evening in Atlanta. The former two-division champion and 1992 Olympian was

Sadly, he’s not even the last boxer to die in a July month that has claimed the lives of far too many within the suddenly not-so-sweet science. [details]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    By Jake Donovan - For years, those attached to the fight game have scoffed at the mainstream perception that boxing is dead.

Perhaps they were speaking in the literal sense.

This weekend saw the untimely passing of yet another notable figure, when Vernon Forrest wound up on the wrong end of a deadly shootout Saturday evening in Atlanta. The former two-division champion and 1992 Olympian was

Sadly, he’s not even the last boxer to die in a July month that has claimed the lives of far too many within the suddenly not-so-sweet science. [details]
    sad sad month for the sport.... and we didnt even have any major fights where tributes could be given

Comment

very bad month for the sport,

Comment

Thanks for writing this Jake.

Comment

The Chavez fight sound suspect to me. After a good match, the rematch turns fatal? Hmmm idk but rumors spread that Chavez Sr. used 2 have them pads wit him @ all time.

R.I.P. All those fallen warriors.

Comment

R.I.P. to the fallen boxers.....

Comment

Its been a terrible month for boxing.

Comment

Working...
              X