No announcement yet.

Carl Froch Wants You To Know His Name

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Froch Wants You To Know His Name

By T.K. Stewart - MASHANTUCKET, Conn. - Up until a few months ago, Jermain Taylor, the former middleweight champion of the world, said he had no idea who Carl Froch even was.

“I tell people all the time here, in the United States, that I'm fighting a guy named Carl Froch and everybody say, 'Who?' You know, it's kind of embarrassing 'cause you know, who is he? Who has he beat? asks a perplexed Taylor.

For the uninitiated, Froch (pronounced like Scotch) is the undefeated WBC Super middleweight titlist and on Saturday night in the wilds of the Connecticut wilderness at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods he and Taylor will clash in one of this year's most anticipated bouts. [details]

I'm pretty sure the Ignorant Americans will know soon enough, as they mourn the loss of yet another "next big thing"

Comment

He sure likes Froch doesnt he? Anyways, Im excited for this fight. It is one of the few fights that I go into without having anyone to root for. I like both guys and just want a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
        I'm pretty sure the Ignorant Americans will know soon enough, as they mourn the loss of yet another "next big thing"

uhhh hate to break it to u brah, but jermaine taylor's career is pretty much past the next big thing stage. He's 30 years old, has had 2 loses & a draw & 31 fights.

He's no jeff lacy who calzaghe fought & was the "next big thing" that calzaghe exploited who only had 22 fights under his belts vs no great opposition when calzaghe fought him & beat him. Then they Calzghe & fans wanna act like they just beat marvin hagler or something.

But props to froch for not waiting until he's 36 & his best rivals are in their 40s to start fighting in america & trying to make a name for himself.

Comment

Seriously, stop with the nationalist bull****.

Comment

It's Carl Froch isn't it?

K, got it.

Comment

WHat up with all this BS talking form British.

****ing on Americans(USA)??????

Comment

Originally posted by dstew View Post
                Seriously, stop with the nationalist bull****.
                It's not nationalistic, it's the truth, the majority of fans are asked who will win , Jermain Taylor or ?????? from ?????? and they pick J.T. Ignorant is a word which you use to describe people who don't know about something.

Comment

This is the type of nationalistic nonsense I was referring to. Do not claim American bias when you post garbage like that. Froch isn't even a name in Britain never mind America. Ask any casual fan outside of Nottingham and they would say "Carl Who?"

Comment

It's not nationalistic, it's the truth, the majority of fans are asked who will win , Jermain Taylor or ?????? from ?????? and they pick J.T. Ignorant is a word which you use to describe people who don't know about something.
                    And most of the fans picking Froch are British... so ****ing what? I'm not sitting around calling them ignorant.

Fact is it has nothing to do with ignorance... we're making fight predictions.... PREDICTIONS... impossible to be ignorant about an outcome that is yet to be determined... no matter how convinced you are.

**** like this is what hurts this forum. Try to act like a mature adult and not some insecure little child.

Comment

Working...
                    X