Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones Jr. To Heavyweight? For Evander Holyfield?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    I'd watch it for free and so would 95% of this forum...
    I would be OK if they put this on ESPN2. I can't imagine that either HBO or Showtime would buy it. And really, they won't get much for an independent PPV for this anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by dmarlay View Post
      I would be OK if they put this on ESPN2. I can't imagine that either HBO or Showtime would buy it. And really, they won't get much for an independent PPV for this anymore.
      You're right about HBO and Show and I don't think Jones or Holyfield's ego would let them fight on a Friday Night Fights card!...

Comment

mockery of the sport.

Comment

I hate waking up and reading articles like this!! This should not be happening or even mentioned in 2009.

Comment

Bring on Lamon Brewster!

Comment

wow, they should both retire...both WERE great fighters but that was a lloong time ago

Comment

Originally posted by EL ANIMAL View Post
                I hate waking up and reading articles like this!! This should not be happening or even mentioned in 2009.
                hahaha yes its not a pleasing headliner to read in the morning, i agree

Comment

I really wish RJJ would give it up but if he feels like he can carry on and be a force let him be.

Roy v Evander? God, no wonder people say Boxing is dying.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Former four division Roy Jones Jr. (52-5, 38KOs) is not ready to walk away for good. In his last outing, he lost a shutout twelve round decision to Joe Calzaghe. Jones had said in several interviews that he may decide to make a return to the heavyweight division for a major fight. Jones won a dominant decision over John Ruiz in 2003 to capture the WBA heavyweight title. He vacated the title a few months later to make a return to light heavyweight. [details]
                    This is the shot fighter's circuit.

Comment

I still think RJ can do a lot at LH. Thats why I dont know what to make of this, I hope he didnt have trouble with the weight for Calzaghe. I just cant believe he's thinking about Holyfield right now. There are so many great winnable fights that could be made at LH, I like RJ against any in the top 10. The only point of going to HW would be to win some belts and Holy dont have any...

Comment

Working...
                      X