No announcement yet.

Toshiaki Nishioka Stops Genaro Garcia, Retains Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toshiaki Nishioka Stops Genaro Garcia, Retains Title

At Pacifico in Yokohama, Japan, WBC super bantamweight champion Toshiaki Nishioka stopped Genaro Garcia (37-7, 21KOs) of Mexico in the twelfth and final round to retain his title. Nishioka was the interim champion until Israel Vazquez was elevated to the status of "champion emeritus" by the WBC. [details]

Admirably fast results, this card literally just aired on television.

Comment

"Probably it was a frustrating fight for the spectators but I'm really happy that I was able to score a knockout in the end. I'm going to improve my boxing and show them more exciting fight." - Nishioka

If only Mayweather has the same concern for the audience.

Comment

You know boxing is dying when all people can think about is a boxer retired for almost 2 years now and who's probably not coming back anyway. Jesus, get over Floyd! Think about good fresh talent like Dawson, Kirkland, Gamboa, Paul Williams, Miguel Cotto, Angulo... At least a few of these guys will be at the top of the game for a big while.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
          You know boxing is dying when all people can think about is a boxer retired for almost 2 years now and who's probably not coming back anyway. Jesus, get over Floyd! Think about good fresh talent like Dawson, Kirkland, Gamboa, Paul Williams, Miguel Cotto, Angulo... At least a few of these guys will be at the top of the game for a big while.
          Just making sure the boring guy doesn't come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
            I didn't realize that less than 13 months is "almost 2 years". Not to mention that he didn't actually announce his retirement until about six months ago. Floyd fans so heavy on the drama.

Comment

Another thread involving Floyd, i swear badboypeenoy masturbates over Mayweather - Castillo 1 , the closest Floyd has ever been to losing.

Comment

this fight is being replayed right now...
                http://www.justin.tv/kriegoth

Comment

nishioka ran away in the first 10 rounds then at the end traded and got a knockout win pretty smart but not impressive garcia was coming of 1 year inactivity and he is a natural 118 fighter

Comment

Working...
                  X