No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Takes First Step To 09 Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather Jr. Takes First Step To 09 Return

Former five-division champion Floyd Mayweateher Jr. is taking the first step in a possible return to the sport in 2009. Mayweather has not fought since a December 07 knockout of Ricky Hatton and announced his retirement from boxing a few months ago. Since the night Manny Pacquiao knocked out Oscar De La Hoya on December 6, rumors were flying that Mayweather was planning to return to the ring for possible bout with Pacquiao, and most recently there were heavy rumors that Mayweather's team approached Hatton's attorney with a rematch offer. A few days ago - Leonard Ellerbe, Mayweather's adviser and close friend, spoke out and said the rumors were all false. [details]

Hello

A/S/L all?

18 f cali here

Comment

Wonder if Margarito will offer him a fight.

Comment

wow, good news.

Comment

I cant even read these anymore. It seems like 10 of these come out every day, with half saying he is coming back and the other half saying that he isnt.

Comment

"See whats out there" = What low level, older, past prime fighter can I look good against.

Comment

does the sport still need mayweather?

i don't think so.

what the sport needs right now is an exciting and big heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                Wonder if Margarito will offer him a fight.
                Chicken Floyd will strike again.

Comment

According to the rumors, it sounds like he tried to secure fights with both Pacman and Hatton and failed. Now its Pacman/Hatton and Mayweather is left in the dust trying to get whatever's out there.

Comment

here we go again..then 2morrow another cotradicting story..he's just fighing right now...

Comment

Working...
                    X