No announcement yet.

Winky Wright-Arthur Abraham Still Tentative For Jan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winky Wright-Arthur Abraham Still Tentative For Jan

BoxingScene.com was advised by a source close to the camp of Winky Wright (51-4-1, 25 KOs), that IBF middleweight champion Arthur Abraham (27-0, 22 KOs) is still the frontrunner to become Wright's first opponent since a decision loss to Bernard Hopkins [catch-weight of 170-pounds] in July of 2007. The fight would take place on January 24 on HBO. [details]

Risky fight for Winky to take with over a year off and Abraham shouldn't gain much weight at all between his rematch with Marquez and January.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      BoxingScene.com was advised by a source close to the camp of Winky Wright (51-4-1, 25 KOs), that IBF middleweight champion Arthur Abraham (27-0, 22 KOs) is still the frontrunner to become Wright's first opponent since a decision loss to Bernard Hopkins [catch-weight of 170-pounds] in July of 2007. The fight would take place on January 24 on HBO. [details]
      Easy win for Winky.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
        Easy win for Winky.
        i agree, i see speed and accuracy being determining factors and this fight is definitely not happening @ 160.

Comment

Easy win for Winky.
          Right now I am not so sure. He is older and will be as rusty as hell. Prime for the taking IMO.

Comment

abraham ud

Comment

Easy win for Winky.
              this will not be an easy fight for Winky, far from it

i see Abraham winning the fight
              Last edited by TheManchine; 10-06-2008, 11:52 PM.

Comment

he should have went after sturm - easier win for winky. abraham will move up to supermiddle

Comment

it seems like joe c is calling the shots on winkys career. if he retires then pavlik-aa is made and winkys left with his dick in his hand, if he fights pavlik, then winky gets his fight with aa.

Comment

if winky doesn't get abraham hopefully he can get kessler

Comment

Working...
                    X