Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring's Greatest fighter from 20 different countries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No I think they are right about Langfod. After 2012, had he been able to secure a match with Jack Johnson, I think height have been able to win. Hew had lost the first fight to Johnson very much earlier.

Comment

List is very good, but a few disagreements. Germany is close, though I would also suggest that it is a battle between Henry Maske and Max Schmelling. Make even avenged his lone loss to Hill, coming back many years later, without a fight in between, and winning. 78 or 8 year difference, which would have been a record at the time, only to be topped by Jeff Fenech over Azumah Nelson, and then Bernard Hopkins over Roy Jones. But Maske's is impressive in that he had not fought, in between, and Hill was still boxing. Did not know that Schmelling made that comment that maybe he was such that he had lost. IRELAND: I guess so, though I thought he was from Northern Ireland. But I guess representing Ireland makes it so. PUERTO RICO: I got to go with Wilfredo Benetiz. At 17 he became world Jr Welter Weight, beating arguably Columbia's great fighter Antonio Cerventez, and then still won two more titles after that, with a win over Robrto Duran to boot. Thailand, god doesn't any one here ever heard of Charchai Chino? though he is mentioned. this is a guy who fought in I think the toughest era ever for flyweights. Back in his era, they did not have Super fly, light fly, mini fly. also only two organizations, the WBC and WBA. UKRAINE; I think Lomochencho deserves top spot, but his career is not over yet, and so that could change. NORTHERN IRELAND. Can't go with Frampton, though he is also not over. But what about Flyweight champ Rinty Monaghan. got to go with that. WALES Jimmy Wilde might be the best fighter ever under 105 or 6 pounds. Yes he did knock out people who outweighed him. But was the competition really that good at that time? Got to go with Joe Calzaghe. Had mediocre fights against mediocre opposition, but when the going got tough, he was spectacular. Finally ENGLAND: Lennox Lewis is it for me. one of the 5 greatest heavy boxers ever I feel. Of his losses and even draw, he avenged. Yes, he is the greatest fighter ever from the United Kingdom, though you could say Canada, where I think he really practiced his craft. represented that country in the Olympics, and won a gold medal.

Comment

Jamaica?...

Comment

nice post dude

Comment

Tried giving you greenk but I gotta spread it around!

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
              Langford over McLarnin!?!?!?!?!?!?! It's a shame the magazine doesn't take itself more seriously. Why not pick Tommy Hearns over Ray Robinson, then?

Klitchko over Lomachenko is even more absurd.

And for all the absurdity of those picks, you can't let them get away w/ the JCC nod. Chavez was borderline ATG. But Canto, Olivares, and Zarate are clearly ATGs. Still none of them had the talent of Sanchez.

For Italy and Ireland, are they sure that there weren't famous Boxers born there? Wasn't Corbett 3 from Italy? Tony Canzoneri?
              Definitely mclarin langford.

Comment

Working...
              X