Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brook - Jones...July 7...IBF title eliminator...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brook - Jones...July 7...IBF title eliminator...

Kell Brook will face off against Carson Jones at Sheffield’s Motorpoint Arena on July 7 in an IBF title eliminator.

Jones, ranked 3rd by the IBF, is 25 and his record currently stands at 34 wins (24 via KO), 8 losses (2 via KO) and 2 draws.The winner will face off against the IBF champion, which will be decided when Mike Jones faces Randall Bailey on June 9th.

Read the rest at:

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.c...or-jones-test/

What are everyone's thoughts on this fight?

Anyone going?

ahhhhh i thought it was mike jones! who the hell is carson jones?

Comment

Carson Jones was on the undercard for the Mayweather/Ortiz fight last year. I never saw it so can't comment on what he's like. Apart from that it seems he has hardly got out of Oklahoma.

Comment

Originally posted by ophqui View Post
        ahhhhh i thought it was mike jones! who the hell is carson jones?
        yep, me too. gotta love boxing

Comment

This is an eliminator so the winner is likely to get the winner of Jones/Bailey.

Brook should be too much for this guy but you never know. Jones has stopped 7 out of his last 8 opponents and Brook's chin has never been put to the test. Not saying that Jones is a big puncher but he has started knocking people out of late so who knows.

Comment

since he went down from 154 to 147 Carson Jones becoming a very dangerous fighter. He is tough as a nail and hit hard. Obviously Brook is much skilled but this will be the hardest fight of his career IMO

Comment

Good tune up before a Mike Jones fight.
              I've been calling out the fight between Kell Brook vs. Mike Jones for over a year. It's the best fight to be made at WW. Winner of that fight can face Ortiz - Berto winner.

Comment

Working...
              X