No announcement yet.

Current Top 20 Pound For Pound Fighters In The World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Top 20 Pound For Pound Fighters In The World

I think after his last two fights the names say it all - Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton. Two of the best boxers of the last ten years or so. He is without a doubt the pound for pound king and is now up there with Ali, Marciano, Leanoard, Robinson etc. But there are for me two fighters who are close too him. They being Joe Calzaghe and Manny Pacquiao. I think they are so exiting and their boxing skills so top class, that pound for pound they are the only two now that could give him a run for his money.
    Can all three adapt their game - YES
    Can all three outbox their opponent – YES

I know it would never happen but I would give anything for a Calzaghe v Mayweather fight. But it is just too unrealistic but what a fight that would be. Personally I think Joe would come out on top, I think he is quicker, and can take a punch a bit better so for me he is even closer than Pacman to Floyd. But Floyd is the king at the minute, so lets say for a minute he retires - which looks likely, who is the pound for pound leader, if Floyd goes :

1) Joe Calzaghe
    2) Manny Pacquiao
    3) Juan Manuel Marquez
    4) Bernard Hopkins
    5) Israel Vazquez
    6) Miguel Cotto
    7) Winky Wright
    8) Rafael Marquez
    9) Ricky Hatton
    10) - -- someone along the lines of Kessler, Pavlik, Katsidis etc may creep into it. I certainly expect in say three or four years time to be mentioning Amir Khan as one of the true pound for pound champions and possibly by that time a three weight world champion.

Here is my current top 20 pound for pound fighters:

1) POUND FOR POUND KING: Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    2. Joe Calzaghe
    3. Manny Pacquiao
    4. Juan Manuel Marquez
    5. Bernard Hopkins
    6. Israel Vazquez
    7. Miguel Cotto
    8 Rafael Marquez.
    9. Ronald "Winky" Wright
    10 Oscar De La Hoya
    11. Ricky Hatton.
    12. Mikkel Kessler
    13. Kelly Pavlik
    14. Michael Katsidis
    15. Jermain Taylor
    16. Juan Diaz
    17. Enzo Maccranelli or David Hayes
    18. Roy Jones Jnr
    19. Shane Mosley -
    20. Marco Antonio Barrera - NOT SURE WHEATHER HIM, ROY JONES JNR AND MOSLEY HAVE ATCUALLY RETIRED OR NOT OR ARE THINKING ABOUT FIGHTING AGAIN. SO UNTIL IT IS CONFIMRED THEN I WILL SAY THEY ARE NUMBERS 19 AND 20
Working...
X