No announcement yet.

Tunney or Monzon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tunney or Monzon?

Which is the better fighter h2h and skillwise?

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Which is the better fighter h2h and skillwise?
    Monzon superior skilfully (although Tunney had very good D) but Gene would beat him H2H due to physical factors

Comment

Pretty equal skillwise. H2H Monzon is a better MW than Tunney is a LHW in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        Pretty equal skillwise. H2H Monzon is a better MW than Tunney is a LHW in my opinion.
        How do you guys think Greb would fare against London considering his great rivalry with Tunney?

Comment

Monzon close decision. Too technically proficient and clever for the wild rushing Greb whose style will be effective of course but not enough to overcome Monzon's hard punching and superb ring generalship. Greb will have to walk into massive straight shots to get inside Monzon's ridiculous reach I don't doubt Greb is tough enough to take in order to give but, he's not stopping Carlos and Monzon isn't losing a decision. Monzon was no joker up close either and also possessed the ability to move away and counter.

Greb will have success early as Monzon takes a couple of rounds to adjust to his nutty style but will eventually get his rhythm going and take this by decision in a wonderful display of boxing ability.

I think Greb's style was bad for Tunney as Tunney waited patiently and timed his opponent coming in a lot then move off with quick feet and re-establish. If Greb is this fast perpetual motion machine then that's going to be extremely hard and he's going to get caught up with eventually. On the contrary Monzon is always working and would constantly be popping that jab trying to main distance and HURTING Greb. I also think Monzon's punches look a lot more punishing and discouraging on film.

In conclusion Monzon UD.

Comment

Working...
          X