Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you Major in, in regards to boxing history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markusmod View Post

That sound good to me too.
    Almost forgot to include Ali among the flashy ones as well as best talkers. Would also include Joe Louis among best heavyweights to study and one of the best of all time technically.
    Ivich likes this.

Comment

Perhaps comparing one era to another. Most mythical match ups are fighters from different eras. I'd want to compare the training techniques, nutrition, equipment, frequency of fighting, level of competition in respective eras, risk taking, and the unique challenges faced from each respective era. Would also want to observe the evolution of the sport, particularly from the early 20th century to today.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Perhaps comparing one era to another. Most mythical match ups are fighters from different eras. I'd want to compare the training techniques, nutrition, equipment, frequency of fighting, level of competition in respective eras, risk taking, and the unique challenges faced from each respective era. Would also want to observe the evolution of the sport, particularly from the early 20th century to today.
        A lifetime commitment! It would take a decade of research to bring that book to its proper fruition.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

A lifetime commitment! It would take a decade of research to bring that book to its proper fruition.
          It would be the most controversial book since The Satanic Verses. I would have hoards of angry mobs demanding I retract my predictions of Duran defeating Mayweather, Dempsey defeating Johnson, Frazier beating Marciano...I'd be in witness protection under a pseudonym.
          Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

I majored in trying to make some history. A tough sport, to say the least................Rockin'
            The Old LefHook likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

Almost forgot to include Ali among the flashy ones as well as best talkers. Would also include Joe Louis among best heavyweights to study and one of the best of all time technically.
              And Golota as being the best bodypuncher.

Comment

Working...
              X