Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who'd win, Laszlo Papp or Joey Giardello??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivich View Post

Yes, as did Golovkin.imo.
    So have some of the recent UK Olympians like Joe Joyce and Frazer Clarke
    Ivich likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Never saw it - I have heard more than a few claim he got jobbed. Sorry if I was unnecessarily rude about it.

But have always been a bit annoyed when they point to his extraordinary amateur record. No doubt it is an amazing achievement but as I said he really didn't belong in that second Olympics. Imagine if Clay had stayed an amateur and fought in Tokyo in '64? My God his record would have been staggering; or even Benvenuti, already at 190-1 he may have come close to 400 wins if he stayed an amateur.

I am sorry that I have not seen him fight other than the Lopez fight. I am certain that is not what he is . . . I know he dominated in his last outing but didn't watch.
      - - Never saw you as rude, but misinformed as to the total circumstances. Salido was a full welter in the ring that night.

You are guilty of placing American values on Soviet era fighters, and most assuredly, pray tell us what kind of record Gaseous would've have recorded when turning pro with his ama coaches, something the Ks, Usyk, and Loma did?

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Never saw you as rude, but misinformed as to the total circumstances. Salido was a full welter in the ring that night.

You are guilty of placing American values on Soviet era fighters, and most assuredly, pray tell us what kind of record Gaseous would've have recorded when turning pro with his ama coaches, something the Ks, Usyk, and Loma did?
        I felt Usyk and Loma turned pro too late. Klitshckos right on time.

Comment

Working...
        X