Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the best fighter Roy Jones beat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Toney. Toney was experienced, the only downside was his weight struggles which I am sure played a role, but Jones fought smart as well and even fat Toney usually beat just about anyone.

the Hopkins win was good but Hopkins wasn’t as experienced and the fight was close enough to warrant a rematch. I don’t think Jones ran away witu that one, but the judges seem to think that. It was a sparring session and nobody really got hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

Rockin' does not agree with Hamzas 'facts'.

Facts or opinions?.............Rockin'
      Roy Jones won every second of every round against Toney.

a Toney that was no different than any other version of Toney at 160-175.

These are facts.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

No different than any other James Toney fight in his career at LHW and below.

There is no scenario where Toney puts up a better fight.

Roy Jones and James Toney are no where even close to the same level as fighters.
        If Toney wasn’t drained he would have put up a better fight. Didn’t the fight happen at 168? Wasn’t james a cruiser not long after?

Jones style def wins over Toney, who did well if you tried to fight him.

if Toney came to win though he’s a better fighter than Hopkins. The Toney that fought Nunn, Barkley or Mccallum beats Hopkins. I don’t see how Hopkins can pot shot James to a victory.
        Rockin' Rockin' likes this.

Comment

These are facts.
          I agree that a weight drained Toney is lesser than.............Rockin'

Comment

These are facts.
            So you are telling me all the versions of Toney are the same? Toney showed up in all different kinds of shape throughout his career. Obviously you are a hater, but what can you do.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

If Toney wasn’t drained he would have put up a better fight. Didn’t the fight happen at 168? Wasn’t james a cruiser not long after?

Jones style def wins over Toney, who did well if you tried to fight him.

if Toney came to win though he’s a better fighter than Hopkins. The Toney that fought Nunn, Barkley or Mccallum beats Hopkins. I don’t see how Hopkins can pot shot James to a victory.
              The “Toney that fought Nunn, Barkley and McCallum” is the exact same Toney that fought Roy Jones, that’s the point and the fact of the matter. Only difference is Roy Jones is on a totally different level to Toney.

Hopkins beats Toney aswell and is a better fighter which is why I consider his win over Hopkins better than his win over Toney.

Not as easily as Roy Jones would 1000 times out of 1000 but he still beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

So you are telling me all the versions of Toney are the same? Toney showed up in all different kinds of shape throughout his career. Obviously you are a hater, but what can you do.
                Yes that is exactly what I’m telling you.

Toney killed himself to make weight every single fight he had from 160 to 175.

What is the difference between any of those fights and the one he had with Roy Jones other than Roy Jones being on another level as a fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

I agree that a weight drained Toney is lesser than.............Rockin'
                  When wasn’t he “weight drained”?

Comment

I think B-Hop.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Another lie. The only settlement Hopkins had with DiBella was for libel. This has been proven more than once, yet you keep trolling nonsense.
                      - - Poppy was sued multiple times.

Only thing proven is U IQ in danger of dropping into single digits.

Comment

Working...
                      X