Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Was Your Yoka?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- - Yoka could go on to KO Fury in his next fight and monkeys gonna say he the best ever.

Has anyone's favorite ever lost?

Of course. Like Leffy, it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
      Mosley was another one for me. After he whipped Hoya and then some nobodies, Papa Smurf even had him way overpriced, and was going on and on about Shane being an ATG. Then Forrest whomped him twice, and even Winky Wright handled him easily. Sometime after that, Mayweather got around to Mosley. Isn't that correct, wasn't that the order?
      I think it was... Forest was considered a prodigy, and it was ironic because another talented, somewhat under achieving puncher, el matadore (Mayorga), smoked Vernon twice! Styles make fights after all lol.

I was going to add El matadore. Mayorga, to my list but I figured he would never really get to the top...even though I loved the guy. One of my favorite fighters...
      Willow The Wisp likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        Deontay Wilder but y'all probably already knew that.

Listen, he did drop Fury hard so I do not feel like I was that damn wrong. It's real simple, from 2012 to this moment and until I see reason to believe he can not, I still believe Deontay Wilder has the ability to KO any man. Including Tyson Fury. He can do it, will he ever? Probably not, but he got close enough for me to still feel like he can get there.

Bit like Archie vs Rocky. Or Charles it probably better. Charles damn near beat Rocky. I don't reckon a Charles fan should be ashamed he believed Charles had the good to win, he did have them goods he just never figured out a way to put it together perfectly for the W.

Deontay lost a knucklebiter that featured a count most would not have given the fallen a chance on. Not bitching, Tyson's rise the single greatest moment in my era, but, he was this ****in' close you know? I don't feel too terrible about it.
        Yeahb with the average age of guys in the division and all, the jury is still out on the bamma belter! Imagine if he KO'ed that Robot from London? Errr....Anthony Something?

Comment

It usually does not take long for a step up in class to expose the weaknesses of a prospect or champion. The opposing trainers go up in class, too, and can spot more vulnerabilities.

The lesson: In boxing, expect to tout a lot of Yokas. It happens all the time. What we did not have until now is a name for this category--Yoka--as in, "That's right, KO'd. He's the real Yoka all right."

Wispy may go viral and make Yoka famous yet. Maybe Wispy ate dinner with Yoka because he is Yoka.
          Willow The Wisp and P to the J like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

Same here.

For me, Golota was a sure bet to become an alphabet titleholder at the very least. I was shocked by his mental crumbling. He had everything to become a major player, and flushed that same "everything" into the toilet.
            Bastard dropped the ball every time he came to the big dance.
            billeau2 and Tatabanya like this.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

You dope! Lol seriously Golota had a lot of talent. He could hit hard, could throw most punches well. i think Duva really thought the world of him. I mean all things considered he had a decent go...
              Not many remember that Golota won a medal at the Seoul 1988 Olympics. After watching the video again, one notices the huge difference in bulk, and wonders: did the juice he surely was on as a professional cause some extra problem to his mind?

https://olympics.com/en/video/andrew...-at-seoul-1988

Also funny to see Golota using a sort of Ali style against his Kenyan opponent... he was floating like a butterfly
              Last edited by Tatabanya; 05-19-2022, 04:13 AM.
              billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

Not many remember that Golota won a medal at the Seoul 1988 Olympics. After watching the video again, one notices the huge difference in bulk, and wonders: did the juice he surely was on as a professional cause some extra problem to his mind?

https://olympics.com/en/video/andrew...-at-seoul-1988

Also funny to see Golota using a sort of Ali style against his Kenyan opponent... he was floating like a butterfly
                - - If Golota ever failed a drug test , I don't remember it.

He's a big boned 6-4, so what weight you gonna have him at?

As I recall later in his career he was involved in the Polish mob that he likely had links to from his youth.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

As I recall later in his career he was involved in the Polish mob that he likely had links to from his youth.
                  Neither do I, but not everybody gets caught.

Of course he was just 20 years old when he medaled in Seoul. Still, the diference in muscle is striking.

ucxbuasecnhzfa1cikzl.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
                  Last edited by Tatabanya; 05-19-2022, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

No such thing as a clean Eastern European - they made them take PEDs. Phuck, those animals (Soviet Empire) actually tried to breed monkey-men with gene splicing. If he was in the Polish system he had them forced on him at one time or another.

Comment

Michael Grant. Not sure if I was really as high on him as a boxer as much as I was pining for the next great American heavyweight. Welp, colored lights can hypnotize, sparkle someone else's eyes....

Lennox took his soul, and the rest was downhill.

Comment

Working...
                      X