Collapse
No announcement yet.

Color footage of Joe Louis speaking candidly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The interview clip makes it a little more understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
      Not the usual “mumbling off a card” Louis. Here you can actually get an idea what the man sounded like in normal conversation.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ha8ewpregkA

its funny because in written accounts Louis was stated as someone who was “constantly making jokes” or pranking people. Him and Walker Smith one time got in a fight over the last bottle of coca cola. It ended with Smith cutting his foot on the broken glass.
      Did you see this clip lol? One of my favorites Shows that sense of humor from both guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ems...yTouchesJordan
      travestyny travestyny likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Did you see this clip lol? One of my favorites Shows that sense of humor from both guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ems...yTouchesJordan
        yeah its so funny. He had jokes for both ali and Walcott
        billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

yeah its so funny. He had jokes for both ali and Walcott
          Louis had the "gift" of being an excellent "straight man." The thing that had me in stitches the first time I saw this was how dead pan Louis was as he mentioned the "Bum of the Month Club."

Comment

- -After Joe's arranged marriage collapsed, and BTW that gal was top of the line in class and desirability, he was a free agent, and another one of his trysts was the reigning Olympic ice skating queen of the day who's name escapes me.

In short, nascent Joe that was maneuvered to a title not the same Joe later, esp after WW2 where he was an established legend in his own time.

Comment

All you have to do is take one look. It is all over the internet. Joe promised Blackburn he would not lord it over white, fallen opponents. He had his fingers crossed when he made his promise concerning white tail. Louis was like every other boxer I ever read about--totally unfaithful to his wife.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                All you have to do is take one look. It is all over the internet. Joe promised Blackburn he would not lord it over white, fallen opponents. He had his fingers crossed when he made his promise concerning white tail. Louis was like every other boxer I ever read about--totally unfaithful to his wife.
                Could also be that Chappy Blackburn was dead by '42, (I think.) so maybe he kept his word until after the War; until he became a prize 'pet' for the Rat Pack to hang out with. I have heard that the Hollywood crowd use to rob him blind at golf; play like a hundred dollars a hole.

Comment

Working...
                X