Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo Best Show In History.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    I'm gonna provide two lists, tell me which you think would be the greater names to have on your resume:

    Group A: Shane Mosely, Miguel Cotto, Gennady Golovkin, Sergey Kovalev
    Group B: Danny Jacobs, Erislandy Lara, Austin Trout, Billy Joe Saunders

    Obviously, these are all fighters who Canelo has wins against, and I'm sure most people would agree that Group A is a better list of names to have on your resume. The criteria for separating them into Groups A or B? Group A are all fighters Canelo got wins against when they were 35 or older; Group B are his best wins of fighters who were younger than 35.

    Now don't get me wrong, Canelo is the best boxer in the world right now; a future HOFer, and doing amazing things. But he has a history of building his name on the backs of fighters who were past their prime. A major part of his legacy is based on him getting guys when they were relatively old, and us fans ignoring that context of the situation.
    billeau2 likes this.

    Comment


    • #42
      Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
      I'm gonna provide two lists, tell me which you think would be the greater names to have on your resume:

      Group A: Shane Mosely, Miguel Cotto, Gennady Golovkin, Sergey Kovalev
      Group B: Danny Jacobs, Erislandy Lara, Austin Trout, Billy Joe Saunders

      Obviously, these are all fighters who Canelo has wins against, and I'm sure most people would agree that Group A is a better list of names to have on your resume. The criteria for separating them into Groups A or B? Group A are all fighters Canelo got wins against when they were 35 or older; Group B are his best wins of fighters who were younger than 35.

      Now don't get me wrong, Canelo is the best boxer in the world right now; a future HOFer, and doing amazing things. But he has a history of building his name on the backs of fighters who were past their prime. A major part of his legacy is based on him getting guys when they were relatively old, and us fans ignoring that context of the situation.
      - -Context you say?

      Up and comer vs Mosely who gave the kid his toughest nonstop fight yet with plenty of butts and crimson flowing. The kid supposed to say, "I won't fight anyone older than 35 who might expand my legacy and current ranking?"

      Cotto holding the Ring Belt but forfeiting the WBC just before the fight, so the kid supposed to say, "I'm gonna wait for the Pollyana era when all champs are undefeated and prime to challenge?"

      GGG long time champ made of titanium, considered invincible, avoided by Floydy and Wart, and KO artist to boot holding all but the WBO. Kid supposed to say, "I ain't fighting Gramps even if they pay me all the tea in China?

      Sergey in a resurgence the #1 LH with Canelo jumping two weight classes. Kid supposed to say, "I don't want to be ambitious. I just wanna be the #1 Pollyanna champ?"

      Context you say, is it?

      Comment


      • #43
        Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
        Other fighters love to talk about going after legacy--right before they resort to their same old, tired, hard-to-get tactics, and turn coy again. Canelo actually does go for the legacy, firstly by fighting 4 times a year. Then he makes each fight a legacy builder and keeps it interesting. And of course he keeps on winning. Two draws against GGG are not that much of a blemish.

        No one else I can remember has gone about it quite so consciously, and made it an oft repeated goal before the public. We know exactly what he is up to, and he is not trying to fool us, con us or perform illusions. No trickery, just fighting. This makes Canelo a far better and more pure legacy builder than Leonard, for instance, who was coy about everything, never granted timely rematches when they were most demanded and only convincingly beat one ATG in their prime and ready to go, once.

        Canelo does it all without flair or flash. There is no trash talking or build up or slapping or biting. He does not have the gift of gab of Helen Keller. It is all based on boxing and what he can do in the ring, but especially the style with which he does it, the willingness. That willingness is what the others do not have, but pretend to. He goes about his business like he is actually hungry. No one does that as unrelentingly as Canelo at the moment. I don't know how long it will last, but he has a plethora of weak champions & divisions at this time. I can already predict that Sulaiman is finagling a way for Canelo to launch the bridgerweight division by fighting a super small bridgerweight for the initiation. Canelo will scare Charlo and Benavidez into believing they may never get a fight. And they might be right. They could become small potatoes, if carrot top continues to pick up the right victories and opponents.
        Do you have autism or something? serious question kid.

        Comment


        • #44
          Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

          - -Context you say?

          Up and comer vs Mosely who gave the kid his toughest nonstop fight yet with plenty of butts and crimson flowing. The kid supposed to say, "I won't fight anyone older than 35 who might expand my legacy and current ranking?"

          Cotto holding the Ring Belt but forfeiting the WBC just before the fight, so the kid supposed to say, "I'm gonna wait for the Pollyana era when all champs are undefeated and prime to challenge?"

          GGG long time champ made of titanium, considered invincible, avoided by Floydy and Wart, and KO artist to boot holding all but the WBO. Kid supposed to say, "I ain't fighting Gramps even if they pay me all the tea in China?

          Sergey in a resurgence the #1 LH with Canelo jumping two weight classes. Kid supposed to say, "I don't want to be ambitious. I just wanna be the #1 Pollyanna champ?"

          Context you say, is it?
          [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

          Comment


          • #45
            Remember you are seeing the ramblings of a guy who thinks a basketball player who never had an amateur fight would ko the greatest of all heavyweight champions.
            JAB5239 and billeau2 like this.

            Comment


            • #46
              Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
              I'm gonna provide two lists, tell me which you think would be the greater names to have on your resume:

              Group A: Shane Mosely, Miguel Cotto, Gennady Golovkin, Sergey Kovalev
              Group B: Danny Jacobs, Erislandy Lara, Austin Trout, Billy Joe Saunders

              Obviously, these are all fighters who Canelo has wins against, and I'm sure most people would agree that Group A is a better list of names to have on your resume. The criteria for separating them into Groups A or B? Group A are all fighters Canelo got wins against when they were 35 or older; Group B are his best wins of fighters who were younger than 35.

              Now don't get me wrong, Canelo is the best boxer in the world right now; a future HOFer, and doing amazing things. But he has a history of building his name on the backs of fighters who were past their prime. A major part of his legacy is based on him getting guys when they were relatively old, and us fans ignoring that context of the situation.
              That is an excellent grouping, and reveals information. However, Canelo did not formerly have the control he has now. It was not too late to fight any of those you list. They are how he gained the upper hand. The man now has full control of his affairs and he is not fighting weak opponents or ancient ones.
              billeau2 and DeeMoney like this.

              Comment


              • #47
                Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post

                That is an excellent grouping, and reveals information. However, Canelo did not formerly have the control he has now. It was not too late to fight any of those you list. They are how he gained the upper hand. The man now has full control of his affairs and he is not fighting weak opponents or ancient ones.
                I agree wholeheartedly, he did it smart and used it to get to where he is now. And I don't see him picking off old name anymore- he is the top p4p fighter in the world right now and doing big things.

                Comment


                • #48
                  Originally posted by Super Laszlo View Post

                  Do you have autism or something? serious question kid.
                  Now kid... take a hint. Even your inane doings are hardly a match for a man who thinks a professional basketball player could have beat Ali. Try another section? I hear the nutrition section needs a resident half wit... give em a try, here is a letter of recommendation for you to take:

                  To Whom It May Concern,

                  Super Laslo is a fine example of a half wit. He has mastered coming back as another alt, saying the dumbest things, etc... As a poster for years now, I feel he has the potential to become quite a crass, moron, half witted jackwad... but alas he needs an opportunity! It so happens in our little neck of the woods here the Queen B reigns as a supreme half wit. Queen B has been a half wit for quite a while and does his job as the village idiot with excellence and attention to detail.

                  I recommend, with no caveats, Super Laszlo for any position as the resident village idiot/half wit.

                  Sincerely

                  Billeau
                  JAB5239 likes this.

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Originally posted by Super Laszlo View Post

                    Do you have autism or something? serious question kid.
                    This idiot is the alt of the banned poster Rick Taylor.

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Originally posted by just the facts View Post

                      This idiot is the alt of the banned poster Rick Taylor.
                      stop spamming kid

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP