Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spectacular Beatdowns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spectacular Beatdowns

    What are some very lopsided fights where despite one dominating the for the fight’s entirety, it’s still kinda entertaining?
    Some fights that immediately come to mind for me include: James Toney vs Iran Barkley, Pacquiao vs Barrera 1, Salvador Sanchez vs Danny Lopez, Roy Jones Jr. vs Vinny Pazienza (I’d give an honorable mention to his utter domination over Richard Hall, but that really went on for way longer than it needed to)
    Let me know your favorite one-sided beatdowns.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Flickergrab98 View Post
    What are some very lopsided fights where despite one dominating the for the fight’s entirety, it’s still kinda entertaining?
    Some fights that immediately come to mind for me include: James Toney vs Iran Barkley, Pacquiao vs Barrera 1, Salvador Sanchez vs Danny Lopez, Roy Jones Jr. vs Vinny Pazienza (I’d give an honorable mention to his utter domination over Richard Hall, but that really went on for way longer than it needed to)
    Let me know your favorite one-sided beatdowns.
    Pacquiao vs. Margarito, Golovkin vs. Murray, Golovkin vs. Stevens, Canelo vs. Kirkland, Calzaghe vs. Lacy

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by markusmod View Post

      Pacquiao vs. Margarito, Golovkin vs. Murray, Golovkin vs. Stevens, Canelo vs. Kirkland, Calzaghe vs. Lacy
      How could I have forgotten the about the Margarito fight!? His face was so unbelievably effed by the end, I’m almost surprised that it was allowed to go the distance

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Flickergrab98 View Post

        How could I have forgotten the about the Margarito fight!? His face was so unbelievably effed by the end, I’m almost surprised that it was allowed to go the distance
        - -Laurence Cole one of the top 3 p4p worst refs in modern boxing. The other two are retired.

        Comment


        • #5
          Tyson v Thomas. 6 rounds of Pinklon being battered from pillar to post and I think it was something like 18 punches unanswered that resulted in the finish. A master class of power punching, throwing combos of hooks and uppercut. Old Pinklon could certainly take a shot.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Flickergrab98 View Post

            How could I have forgotten the about the Margarito fight!? His face was so unbelievably effed by the end, I’m almost surprised that it was allowed to go the distance
            That eye injury ended Margarito's career

            Comment


            • #7
              - -What Golota did to Big Dummy was spectacular, esp the denouement. Maybe they could do an exhibition together, ya think?

              Comment


              • #8
                - -Dempsey/Willard and Firpo weren't too shabby. There were some heart attacks in the Firpo fight.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Holmes beating Cobb and Ali. Vitali beating Peter and Briggs

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ali-Terrell.
                    Trinidad-Mayorga DeLaHoya-Mayorga
                    Camacho-Leonard
                    Hopkins-Trinidad

                    Last edited by JAB5239; 09-20-2021, 08:04 PM.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP