Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrestler Fritz Von Erich kicked Rocky Marciano's butt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- -Pep, 3/5ths the way into Manchesters American Caesar, the truly otherworldly Douglas MacArthur, a classic 43 yr old epic of really the entire MacArthur Clan. Don't know how you chaps can listen to droning audio when you can have classical music sharpening your essence in the background. What's up with this derelict history section? Did they already Fergit what happened 50 yrs ago today?

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Hey I have listening (audio book) to Willam Mnchester's The Glory and the Dream - a narrative pop US History 1932-1972 (written sometime in the middle 70s) I suspect you would enjoy it.
      I like it! Its the same reason I like Liberace... he plays all them classical musics, but leaves the boring parts out!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
        - -Pep, 3/5ths the way into Manchesters American Caesar, the truly otherworldly Douglas MacArthur, a classic 43 yr old epic of really the entire MacArthur Clan. Don't know how you chaps can listen to droning audio when you can have classical music sharpening your essence in the background. What's up with this derelict history section? Did they already Fergit what happened 50 yrs ago today?
        Engrish!!! Can you write that in Engrish!!!! Pwease?

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

I like it! Its the same reason I like Liberace... he plays all them classical musics, but leaves the boring parts out!
          Speaking of Liberace, I was watching the other game show channel Buzzer and I've Got a Secret was on with Liberace and he said "I'm Liberace and I've got a secret" and I thought "I bet you do" LMAO and it wasn't revealed for several decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

Speaking of Liberace, I was watching the other game show channel Buzzer and I've Got a Secret was on with Liberace and he said "I'm Liberace and I've got a secret" and I thought "I bet you do" LMAO and it wasn't revealed for several decades.
            Lol... He actually did say (in jest) that quote I stated. Yeah when he was around most had to stay in the closet, which is sad.

Comment

Lol... He actually did say (in jest) that quote I stated. Yeah when he was around most had to stay in the closet, which is sad.
              I like the old ways. Men were encouraged to be manly, and it was shameful and discouraged to be a poofter.

As opposed to today where this has been completely reversed.

Is that wrong of me?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

I like the old ways. Men were encouraged to be manly, and it was shameful and discouraged to be a poofter.

As opposed to today where this has been completely reversed.

Is that wrong of me?
                I think there is room for both approaches. There is no need to make a major production out of it, but a person should be comfortable and be able to share who they are

Comment

I think there is room for both approaches. There is no need to make a major production out of it, but a person should be comfortable and be able to share who they are
                  Where do you draw the line, though? Are there any boundaries beyond which you say that someone is going too far?

Say a person identifies as a transgender who likes having sex with animals. Do you applaud them for being their authentic selves, or do you maybe think to yourself that they aren't healthy or well in the head?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Where do you draw the line, though? Are there any boundaries beyond which you say that someone is going too far?

Say a person identifies as a transgender who likes having sex with animals. Do you applaud them for being their authentic selves, or do you maybe think to yourself that they aren't healthy or well in the head?
                    I used to have this question come up when teaching ethics at community college. Here is the simple answer. When someone has a need to involve children, or animals in a sexual relationship it is wrong because it is not an equal relationship... one party does not have the real power, or knowledge to consent to the relationship. Those type relationships are going too far because they are at the expense of the child, or animal.

On the other hand two consenting adults do have the power with full knowledge and from whats called an "arms length" to deal with making a decision to engage in a relationship that is sexually different than the norm.

Comment

I used to have this question come up when teaching ethics at community college. Here is the simple answer. When someone has a need to involve children, or animals in a sexual relationship it is wrong because it is not an equal relationship... one party does not have the real power, or knowledge to consent to the relationship. Those type relationships are going too far because they are at the expense of the child, or animal.

On the other hand two consenting adults do have the power with full knowledge and from whats called an "arms length" to deal with making a decision to engage in a relationship that is sexually different than the norm.
                      Good answer. So there are some clearly defined lines you think should not be crossed.

If there were pro-bestiality and pro-pedophilia organizations accusing you of being intolerant how would you respond to them?

Comment

Working...
                      X