No announcement yet.

jack dempsey is the most overrated.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
    i used to get taught he was great but when you look at it he really isnt.....11 draws = weak

all he did was beat down big goofy white guys with 2 left feet....he gets respect because he was a lil guy and was exciting but other than that hes nothing special.......the one time he fought a black guy it was a bum journeyman who was 20-10 or something and it was a tie thats how bad he was.......

he milked his championship for all he got, he barely even fought at all, forget harry wills......

about the long count - if he was such a great stalker he wouldve put tunney on his ass again, instead he got put on his ass the next round........thats on jermaine taylors level

joe louis would smoke that fool
    - - Eh, eh, the BillionDollar Overrated Poster Boy of Overrated with no rating provided...only in boxing, folks...

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16BF View Post

No once again my little frind you are wrong. You say Greb calling out Dempsey is no different than Toney calling out the Klitschkos brothers.

What! There's a HUGE diiference, Greb is actually beating all the top heavyweight contenders. Do you see Ring Magzine's today saying Toney Wlad needs to happen is this a fight the fans want to see? No it isn't.

Newspapers and boxing writers all wanted to see a Greb Dempsey showdwon, but Dempsey didn't want to know.

Unlike James Toney, Greb is beating all the top contenders in the heavyweight division in convincing fashion. And Greb would defeat heavyweights who would the go on to fight Demspey. After Greb had beat them.

Toney is not even beating contenders no more. What a silly remark by you!

And I really think you lack in Harry Greb knowlodge because by the sounds of it you don't really know much about him. You say ''I don't doubt that Greb was "calling out Demspey''

Are you insane? Greb was permantlly calling out Demspey, thats all he ever did.....As I said he would say to Demspey when are you going to fight me you bum''

And you say ''The wins you cite for Greb were newspaper wins, hardly official wins in the day'' Another bogus comment by you, I've read virtually every newspaper reports of Grebs fights, and in the reports he was domianting the heavyweights and easily getting the decision's.

And you also say ''Kid Norfolk also wanted Dempsey sweepstakes as did many others''. Alot of fighters wanted Dempsey indeed, but Greb was the most deserving, because he was beating everyone put him front of him, you do know Greb beat Kid Norfolk. Aswell as all the top heavyweight contenders, who would go on to get chances at Demepsey after Greb had beat them

As I said you should go and read Fearless Harry Greb or research about Greb, as you really lack knowlodge of him and his career aswell as the Dempsey feud. You will learn alot.
      - - Fearless Harry is it now?

Now I realize SP probably no more in our mortal coil, but Greb is sort of a ghostly phantom with no existent fight footage that attracts flat earthers, moon landing deniers, Q theorists, and vegans.

Just gonna point out for the rest of unstudied slugs remaining on this forum who know who they are, Jack didn't fight anyone after 1923 until 1926, whereupon he fought the guy who had been beating Greb.

And when Jack retired, Greb was no more...R.I.P...

Here Fearless Harry Greb, the lowest priced available book being $35 at my bookseller, and it's USED, hardly worth the price when I can point out the obvious without it. If it comes up in my local Library book sale, I'll jump on it...

9780786440160-us.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Fearless Harry is it now?

Now I realize SP probably no more in our mortal coil, but Greb is sort of a ghostly phantom with no existent fight footage that attracts flat earthers, moon landing deniers, Q theorists, and vegans.

Just gonna point out for the rest of unstudied slugs remaining on this forum who know who they are, Jack didn't fight anyone after 1923 until 1926, whereupon he fought the guy who had been beating Greb.

And when Jack retired, Greb was no more...R.I.P...

Here Fearless Harry Greb, the lowest priced available book being $35 at my bookseller, and it's USED, hardly worth the price when I can point out the obvious without it. If it comes up in my local Library book sale, I'll jump on it...

9780786440160-us.jpg

Of Dempseys last 7 opponents since winning the title Greb had beaten 4 of them with 1 (Carpentier) openly ducking him.

Save your liver and buy the book ya cheap SOB. It's an excellent read. You may actually learn something.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Dempsey was much more than a brawler.
          Agreed and absolutely true.
          He had a varied up and down career, it was the times he lived through.
          But he was far more than a brawler.

Comment

I find it amazing Greb could fight at all. A few months ago I had a brain operation. My left eye got so messed up I had to most of the time go around with it closed for three months. I learned firsthand why guys with eye patches weave abd stagger akk over the place. I think Greb did a fair amount of outside fighting as well as swarming. I believe outside fighting takes even more coordination than using your opponent for balance. I just don't understand how Greb could do it! But I know he did.

Comment

Of Dempseys last 7 opponents since winning the title Greb had beaten 4 of them with 1 (Carpentier) openly ducking him.

Save your liver and buy the book ya cheap SOB. It's an excellent read. You may actually learn something.
              I take it that's not Bill Paxton the actor.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

I take it that's not Bill Paxton the actor.
                If I had to guess, I'd say no!

Comment

If I had to guess, I'd say no!
                  Game over man, game over.
                  Dr. Z Dr. Z likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

Game over man, game over.
                    Aliens!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
                      i used to get taught he was great but when you look at it he really isnt.....11 draws = weak

all he did was beat down big goofy white guys with 2 left feet....he gets respect because he was a lil guy and was exciting but other than that hes nothing special.......the one time he fought a black guy it was a bum journeyman who was 20-10 or something and it was a tie thats how bad he was.......

he milked his championship for all he got, he barely even fought at all, forget harry wills......

about the long count - if he was such a great stalker he wouldve put tunney on his ass again, instead he got put on his ass the next round........thats on jermaine taylors level

joe louis would smoke that fool
                      Styles make fights and punchers can end them quickly. When you factor in that Louis is but 5-3 vs Conn, Walcott, Scheming, Charles and Marciano ( he lost the first Walcott fight and a gift decision on the score cards and would have likely lost 1st to Conn if the fight was 12 rounds ) that is 3-5. GULP.

Furthermore he can seen having a tough go in the 1st Godoy fight. He was floored by men Such as Buddy Baer, Tony Galento and coming off a 2+ year lay off in Jimmy Braddock. There are mediocre boxers. Where the defense and the chin?

A prime Dempsey had good foot speed which caused Louis some trouble and Louis said he did not like to be crowded. Dempsey could do that. Styles make fights. Now Dempsey has some flaws too . My call is Dempsey is most likely the winner in the early rounds ( round 1-5 ) and Louis is most likely the winner in the ( round 8-15 ) later rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X