No announcement yet.

teeth feeling sore after sparring...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teeth feeling sore after sparring...

I had my 3rd sparring session yesterday and after it was over my front 2 teeth felt sore, does this mean the mouthguard is loose???one of the trainers tell me it's natural and I'll get used to it. True??

Hey man, this EXACT same thing happened to me. Sore when you tap them, but no looseness? Don't let it bug you too much unless your gums start to receed or your tooth changes color. If they just remain sore, its natural from the trauma of getting punched in the jaw. Nerves in your teeth are NOT that far away from the gum line, so its natural for them to get sore quick. Mine went away after about a week. Just dont put undue stress on those teeth, like hard chips or anything. You'll be good.

Comment

alright thanks man. Yeah it's sore when I tap them but they don't feel loose, even though I think they're gonna break off every time I bite into an apple or something lol

Comment

Yea, stay away from stuff you really have to tear at with your teeth. Whatever you eat, get it into bite-size chunks if it requires a lot of chewing. Not using those teeth will make you recover faster. I know how you feel, man. LoL, it sucks.

Comment

lol i sparred without a mouthguard and took shots to the mouth and my teeth are fine. If ur lips are always firm and uve got very well padded gloves that feel nice on the face like top ten gloves, its not too bad. Unless you take some huge punches which u probably did as u should not get sore teeth easily

Comment

you might have been clinching your teeth excessively or too hard. that can fatigue your mouth and also make it sore.

Comment

now that I think about it I think about it I might've been just biting down too hard on the mouthguard, maybe that's why they got sore after. Anyways I'm alright now so it's all good.

Comment

Working...
              X