No announcement yet.

Slipping the jab

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slipping the jab

Monty Barrett demonstrates the finer points of boxing and esoteric technique of slipping the jab laterally.

[IMG]http://www.ufc*********.com/oct7/images/booz-valuev0108.jpg[/IMG]

That Valuev fight was pretty fun to watch despite the tempo and odd shenanigans that were going on.

Comment

hahahaha, he's WIDE open

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
        Monty Barrett demonstrates the finer points of boxing and esoteric technique of slipping the jab laterally.

Leave it to Potatoes to find the wors examplw of a task and post it on the internet. ****ing ****** coulcn't slip a 90 yr olds jab, but would critisize anybody

Comment

That little guy would be sitting in the front row if he hadn't moved some way.....

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Squabbs View Post
            hahahaha, he's WIDE open

.....yeah, wide open. Every trainer in the world worth his salt tells his boys not to take their eyes off their opponent. Yet we see here that Barrett has not only taken his eyes off Value but has turned his back on him and dipped his head below Valuev's waist. What he is doing to defend himself is not only inadvisable, it is illegal. Notice too the vulnerable postion of Barrett's left arm. If the trajectory of Valuev's punch had been slightly lower he may have actually dislocated Barrett's shoulder! Barrett could have made things so much easier on himself by using lateral movement and coming at Valuev from the sides.

Comment

**** technique...I'd be doing everything I can to survive up in that ring. You would've seen the most low blows, elbows, rabbit punches etc. If I was in his situation. Valuev sucks though he has no skill! He gets by because hes a ****ing giant...If he wasn't that tall, He wouldn't even be pro!

Comment

Imagine how much Foreman would have sucked if he had no power while trying to use his style. Chuck Wepner would have demolished him in 2-3 rounds.

Valuev's height is as fair as Ali's quickness, Foreman's strength and power etc. He didn't do anything more to deserve it then these other fighters did to earn their talents.

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post

But he's not in position to counter. Whatever defensive maneuver you do, you should always be on balance and ready to counter. When Im slipping jabs, I move my head to both directions in a peekaboo and throw whatever openings I see. But for the guy who is trying to sharpshoot, slip to the right and then step in with your right hand. A guy who jabs is often doing it wrong and is vulnerable, so you can step in to the left and counter with a left hook if he drops his right hand alot. Watch how a guy jabs and you can see when he's doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
                    But he's not in position to counter. Whatever defensive maneuver you do, you should always be on balance and ready to counter. When Im slipping jabs, I move my head to both directions in a peekaboo and throw whatever openings I see. But for the guy who is trying to sharpshoot, slip to the right and then step in with your right hand. A guy who jabs is often doing it wrong and is vulnerable, so you can step in to the left and counter with a left hook if he drops his right hand alot. Watch how a guy jabs and you can see when he's doing it wrong.

hmmmmmm.........they must do some serious training where you are from.

Comment

Working...
                    X