No announcement yet.

What happend to great people ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happend to great people ?

why is it that there are so few great people today ? What I mean is if you look into the past there are so many influential people who stood for a cause or made great discoveries .Where are the great speakers like, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King jr, the great minds in Plato, Aristotle,Benjamin Franklin, great artist in, Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo where have they all gone ?
    Even the music is not the same rearely if ever do we find music that can match groups of the past. What is the cause is it that we do not care any more ? We just look to the TV or internet so we can be told what is interesting or 'cool'. No longer do people seem willing to step out on their own and come up with new ideas due in fact that we have become so programed to 'fit in' and think on the same level as everyone else. There is no originality left in the world we are all now held to the rules of what is thought to be politically correct. Which translates to "step in line follow our lead and do not step out of line". No one thinks past what is given to them anymore . Without looking beyond what we are told we are destined to stall and repeat no longer will humankind evolve and flourish .
    The great people named were able to think in new ways improving on what was known and making innovations to the world around them . Even when looked down upon or thought to be crazy they moved forward leaving their critics behind . This is truly what the word 'gangsta' by todays terms is . It is Not that you follow as a blind sheep but to find your own way at all cost.

those who wish to keep us oppressed have learned by watching those great people of the past. they have learned how to keep us from organizing ourselves for change.

Comment

And they wonder why I joined the underground.................................

Comment

yeh it sucks. Become that person man all I can say

Comment

But this does not mean that UFO's are real K-dogg

Comment

Originally posted by THE REAL NINJA View Post
            why is it that there are so few great people today ? What I mean is if you look into the past there are so many influential people who stood for a cause or made great discoveries .Where are the great speakers like, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King jr, the great minds in Plato, Aristotle,Benjamin Franklin, great artist in, Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo where have they all gone ?
            Even the music is not the same rearely if ever do we find music that can match groups of the past. What is the cause is it that we do not care any more ? We just look to the TV or internet so we can be told what is interesting or 'cool'. No longer do people seem willing to step out on their own and come up with new ideas due in fact that we have become so programed to 'fit in' and think on the same level as everyone else. There is no originality left in the world we are all now held to the rules of what is thought to be politically correct. Which translates to "step in line follow our lead and do not step out of line". No one thinks past what is given to them anymore . Without looking beyond what we are told we are destined to stall and repeat no longer will humankind evolve and flourish .
            The great people named were able to think in new ways improving on what was known and making innovations to the world around them . Even when looked down upon or thought to be crazy they moved forward leaving their critics behind . This is truly what the word 'gangsta' by todays terms is . It is Not that you follow as a blind sheep but to find your own way at all cost.
            i think about this all the time...i think part of the reason is today there is alot more conformity in the world than there used to be...think about this, u can go to ANY corner of the world and there is a McDeez there.

also people have a lot more distractions today, most people know they can't save the world so they stay home and jerk off to pics of kate beckinsale or bettie page or they're playing ps3, or logged in at Boxing Scene voting in the who's got the best ass poll instead of curing cancer

Comment

Originally posted by THE REAL NINJA View Post

because tension problems has ceased.the ppl of the past have pretty much completed there cause.there might be small bugs but its pretty much completed.

Comment

They are still some good thing but you just have to find it in the right places.

Comment

Originally posted by versatile2k6 View Post
                  because tension problems has ceased.the ppl of the past have pretty much completed there cause.there might be small bugs but its pretty much completed.
                  I think some of them would say different but in part their dreams have come true . I wonder what King would think of the world today and Malcolm X would have a heart attack if he seen all the rappers and gangbangers today. Plato, Aristotle and Benjamin Franklin I think would be amazed by the technology but at the same time frown upon what we have used it for in some ways . Stephen Hawking seems to be a trow back to the great philosophers but he is possibly limited by his illness and his time is short.
                  Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
                  And they wonder why I joined the underground.................................
                  Vampire

Comment

Originally posted by versatile2k6 View Post
                    I dont think so. We got a war on iraq going on right now. We have terrorists trying to kill us right now.
                    Plus we have other problems like poverty and disease,

Comment

Working...
                    X