No announcement yet.

Greatest come back in a fight??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest come back in a fight??

I saw this thread in another forum and wanted to get your opinions..
    what do you think was the greatest come back to win a fight??

My top 3 no particular order.
    Nog vs sapp - be back
    Hendo vs Ninja - 3 round fight that went the distance, ninja dominated every round without a doubt while dan did what he could too keep it close, ninja's takedowns and ground control were leading him to victory.. Mid of the 3rd round, hendo catches ninja with his well known right hand and ninja is rocked, think kharitonov rocked.. Dan tries to finish the fight, ninja is fighting bakc but you can see in his eyes he's not there, as the closing bell dings the fight is now in question, ninja dominated the first 2 rounds however dan came closest to finishing the fight(that counts in pride scoring above most) the nod goes to hendo split decision(glad to see 2rnds doens't seal you a fight)..

F.shamrock vs Tito (that was just fuking brilliant)This is a five round title fight the majority of the fight was fought on the ground, it displayed great ground work by both fighters and great stand-up furry's by both fighters.. Frank made tito work hard for the takedowns and made him burn energy while on the ground.. Late in the 4th possibly the 5th(memory is a lil fussy) Frnak is on his back with tito on top, he reverses position and is standing over ortiz whom is assuming the turtle position ahaah biatch.. shamrock starts hammering shots to the side and back of tito's head causing ortiz to "TTTAAAAAAAPPPPPP" out.

Frnakkk wipes the blood off his head, walks round to tito's corner and flips off team punishment.. ahah fukin great..

Tim Sylvia vs AA2 was pretty decent as well.. big tim gets rocked to the floor, AA jumps on him hitting him with little effect.. Big tim stands up with no hesitation, AA gets distance, comes in with a hard right, tim steps back with a couple counter punches and all punches.. AA comes in again misses and big tim smokes him with an ugly right uppercut... boom aA goes down and gets pounded for the TKO..

Tim was rocked and i thought arlovski was gonna finish him but with a blink of the eye "timmy" ahaha (think south park) was walkin away with his hands raised..

Ther's plenty more what's yours?? summarize the fight what makes it so great??
    Last edited by LHWchamp5; 10-27-2006, 12:15 AM.

I didn't know that Shamrock beat Tito?

I think the greatest comeback was Neer against Melvin Guillard. Guillard busted Neer up and Neer came back to win the fight within seconds. I can't recall the details but that should courage. Most guys would become demoralized, which would cause you to get more hurt. So why bother, right!

Comment

How about Nog vs. Crocop, Nog spends the first 10 minutes getting his ass ****ing whooped by Mirko's superior striking, gets dropped right at the bell, comes out in the second round takes CroCop down, mounts, then secures the armbar in less than a minute. Awesome comeback. I love Nog's quote after the fight, "I spent 10 minutes standing with you, you could not last 1 minute with me on the ground."

Comment

Originally posted by the_fusionist View Post
        I didn't know that Shamrock beat Tito?

I think the greatest comeback was Neer against Melvin Guillard. Guillard busted Neer up and Neer came back to win the fight within seconds. I can't recall the details but that should courage. Most guys would become demoralized, which would cause you to get more hurt. So why bother, right!

Frank Shamrock not Kenny....

Comment

A couple of good comeback victories were Hughes/Trigg II and Hughes/Penn II.

Comment

Now that i think about it, liddell/mezger was a good come back fight..
            Liddell was being picked apart by mezger, even got dropped with one punch, the first round was basically mezger schooling chuck in the art of kick boxing..
            round 2 comes up and chuck ko's him with a flurry in less than 2 minutes after the bell.. I couldn't beleive it, so disappointed..

Comment

Fedor Vs Fugita

1 What about when IRON HEAD Fugita hit Fedor and had in basically out on his feet. If that would have been anyone else other than Fedor they would have Stopped the fight. Fedor was ROCKED and still came back with a great kick to the LIVER and then got him in a rear naked choke. That was truly awesome MMA!

2 Tim Slylvia Vs AA2. Yeah Tim was lucky in that fight. However AA has a glass chim. I saw AA get KOed early in his MMA to a LH with RED hair.

3. Carlos Newton Vs Pat Militech.
              Pat was winning the fight easy then Newton just slipped in the PERFECT head LOCK and choked him out. It was great.

4 Shonnie Carter Vs Matt Serra.
              Shonniw was looking like a fool. Matt was just going to school on him then the spining backfist. That was great!

Comment

Originally posted by mic573 View Post
                Hughes/Penn II.
                That was NOT a comeback.

How about that time Fedor got suplexed onto hi head by Randleman and didn't even blink. I believe that Fedor applied a kimura and won almost immediately. I like Fedor for this kind of effort; the guys is immovable.

Comment

Originally posted by the_fusionist View Post
                  That was NOT a comeback.
                  How was that not a comeback? Hughes was losing bad and still managed to win.

Comment

It's a comeback if you beat your opponent Not if your opponent beats himself.

Comment

Working...
                    X