sparring 2dy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparring 2dy

did abit of sparring 2dy against sum1 taller

he kept me away with his jab and i was finding it difficult to get inside wher hes vulnerable

ne advice for taller oppenents?

also i got caught so bad on the nose that i was dazed....after taking hits like that on the nose do i get use to it??

You will defently get used to getting hit in the nose, takes a few sparrings.

As for a tall guy, seems simple jab with him, slip inside, give angles.

Comment

catch his jab and go inside with strong hooks...

thats how the short ****ers get to me when i spar...

Comment

Originally posted by NJFighter91 View Post
        catch his jab and go inside with strong hooks...

thats how the short ****ers get to me when i spar...
        There is more than one way to skin a cat. I don't like that method you catch the jab yeah but are vounerable for the right behind it. If you are trying to get off a left hook. Somthing that works 9 times out of 10 for me is to slip the jab, If to the outside I can counter with an overhand right "if he's slow to bring his hand back to guard" or I can crush his ribs with a rght hook left hook combo while I pivot to the right. If I slip to the inside I'm still covered up in case he throws the right, I step in slightly and open up with uppercuts and hooks wherever I have an opening.

Comment

well, the short guy i sparred was a pro so he could done anything to beat me...

Comment

Originally posted by Built 2 Last View Post

also i got caught so bad on the nose that i was dazed....after taking hits like that on the nose do i get use to it??

Probably made your eyes water too didn't it? I'm a short fighter too, always working on bobbing and weaving to get in but it's hard, practice, practice, practice is what I keep doing.

Comment

I don't have a lot of experience, but the last/only time I sparred, I had this problem. I eventually decided to try predicting him and staying away to see what disrupted his rhythm. If the guy is right handed, try moving to his left, tends to disrupt the jab. Also, try a feint or two. Two of my five good shots landed off of feinted right hands.

Comment

Working...
              X