No announcement yet.

General Training Questions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Training Questions?

Hello all, just a few general questions and would love some advice or perhaps some good sources of information.

Diet- What are the definite DO's and DONT's?
    Training- Besides general training, how much aerobic fitness should I be doing?...ie. skipping 30 mins a day...running? (how much)

If anyone has any advice or knows where i can find some good info to have a read of that would be great! thanks!
    D

For diet, eat mainly lots of protein, moderate carbs, and low fats.

There's ALOT more but that's this is what I can afford to eat regularly.

Protein Sources
    Chicken
    Steak
    Ground Beef
    Whey
    Tuna Fish
    Nuts
    Eggs
    Cottage Cheese
    Turkey cold cuts

Carbs Sources
    Oatmeal
    Wheat Bread
    Potatoes
    Vegetables
    Fruits

Fats Sources
    Peanut Butter
    Olive Oil
    Egg Yolk

Comment

Thanks NJ Fighter, Yeah i know where to find a lot of examples of carbs, protein and fat and all that...
      How about the aerobic front? IF i want to be generally fit and fit enough to do 4-5 x2min rounds how much cardio should i be doing? Also should it be done running, skipping or what?

Comment

Some might disagree on this saying intervals are better. And some are gonna argue with me on this but doing longer cardio is better. At the gym with the trainer, we do 3x3 on jump rope but when it gets easy, just go through the rests as well. When I do my roadwork, I go until I'm about to pass out. This is the only way for me to get better. Once you start getting cramps, that's when you actually start working past the pain barrier. I usually run until I'm about to just pass out, stop, wait 5 minutes and do it again. This usually covers 5-6 miles. And do this at a steady pace of not sprinting and not slow jogging, but moderate.

Comment

Your questions: Diet- What are the definite DO's and DONT's?
          Training- Besides general training, how much aerobic fitness should I be doing?...ie. skipping 30 mins a day...running? (how much)

1. Eat well just don't eat alot of heavy **** and fatty/sugary foods. If you do that you will suceed.
          2. Everyone is different. THe first dya you workout, find your maximum. If you want to go long distance running, run till you pass out. Every time you run, try to beat that time running at the same pace on the same course. I guarantee you will see results.

Comment

thanks all. Il post what im doing on here again after ive figured out what im gonna do. SO you can critic my regime.
            Cheer

Comment

Please. Training and Nutrition is the only forum I like to post/read and it's getting pretty boring.

Comment

Originally posted by NJFighter91
                Please. Training and Nutrition is the only forum I like to post/read and it's getting pretty boring.
                maybe just maybe because the same damn old questions is being asked 10 times every week.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'
                  Your questions: Diet- What are the definite DO's and DONT's?

1. Eat well just don't eat alot of heavy **** and fatty/sugary foods. If you do that you will suceed.
                  2. Everyone is different. THe first dya you workout, find your maximum. If you want to go long distance running, run till you pass out. Every time you run, try to beat that time running at the same pace on the same course. I guarantee you will see results.
                  yesterday i cheated so bad. me and a friend went to this killer chinese place. I ate like six plates of food, nothin fried, just meats and vegetables....But I ate sooo much damn food. must have packed in at least 200 grams of protein in one sitting. no joke. I didn't touch my drink and just kept eating and eating...i succumbed to my one vice, good food. i never do **** like that either, the entire past 2 weeks ive been running alot, eating small meals, and workin hard in the gym. Had to get one huge meal in though, it was nice...

Comment

I'll probably be pigging out today. Going to Applebee's for my bro's birthday and the food there is huge.

Comment

Working...
                    X