No announcement yet.

calf muscles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calf muscles

how many different ways are there to strengthen them and what are they? thanks very much

Calve Raises
    Squats
    Leg Press
    Donkey Calve Raise
    Seated Calve Raise
    Roadwork

Those are the common ones, I'm sure there are other ones too.

Comment

get on the very bottom of a step and have your balls of your foot on the step and the rest off of it and do calve raises like that.it burns like hell though. and if u c your self fallin off balance then u rested your feet to long to lean back

Comment

thanks very much

Comment

Barbell standing calf raise
          Cable calf raise
          DB single leg calf raise
          45 degree calf press
          donkey calf raise
          seated calf extensions
          standing calf raise
          lying calf press
          seated calf press
          vertical calf press
          Donkey calf raise

Basically any kind of raise You get the picture.

Comment

Jump squats are one of my favorites. Grab two dumbells and do a normal squat until the weights touch the floor. Then jump from this position straight up, but jump from the balls of your feet, not flatfooted. Also, landing back on your toes and rolling back to your heels, back into the low-squat position. Its a good one.

Comment

thanks for all the help

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo
                Jump squats are one of my favorites. Grab two dumbells and do a normal squat until the weights touch the floor. Then jump from this position straight up, but jump from the balls of your feet, not flatfooted. Also, landing back on your toes and rolling back to your heels, back into the low-squat position. Its a good one.

Jumping jacks work as well....

Grab a light DB and do jumping jacks...Man that will work your legs and your shoulders....Thats an exercise that doesnt get any respect...

Comment

You've either got it or you don't Calves are one of the most worked muscles in the body, since they get work with every step.....

Comment

Originally posted by yrrej
                    You've either got it or you don't Calves are one of the most worked muscles in the body, since they get work with every step.....

Haha very true. A buddy of mine stands close to 6'1 and is about 220-235 pounds of solid muscle and the lower half of his legs are so out of porportion. His calf muscles are only like 13" While mine are close to 16" and solid and he can easily outweigh me at times by close to 100 pounds...

Calf muscles are like arms, either you got them big or you dont.

Comment

Working...
                    X