No announcement yet.

What's up with Karelin???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with Karelin???

i'm hearing that if anyone can beat nog, it's him.

i don't really know a lot about him. anyone got any info:?:

Re: What's up with Karelin???

[quote:a39ed603e9="Tony"]i'm hearing that if anyone can beat nog, it's him.

i don't really know a lot about him. anyone got any info:?:[/quote:a39ed603e9]

he is a russian wrestler that for years was unbeatable in the olympics. the guy is massive. i think he was finally beat in his final olympic apperance by an american wrestler, but I could be wrong about that.

Comment

he was beaten in last Olympics...on his website, he actually states he wouldn't do MMA as he doesn't believe in it.

I think he would be Nog's toughets opponent to date, but would still get beaten, a great wrestler, amazing strength, but unknown submission knowledge, which is where Nog would make it count. Also Nogs standup is pretty good

Comment

The one MMA work he had... Karelin looked slow. I can up the fight to the site if the admins allow it.

Comment

In his prime, Karelin would be an animal in MMA. He was UNSTOPPABLE in wrestling for years, but he's too old now to be a real force. He'd be top 10 with some training I think, but no way he would beat Nog at his age.

Comment

Yeah Karelin is pretty old nowadays. I think it was Rulon Gardner who beat him in the Olympics. If Karelin comes in, count on his fights being works, and if that happens I hope he just stays in Russia.

Comment

Nog would own him.

Comment

[quote:49110fe0a1]I think he would be Nog's toughets opponent to date, but would still get beaten, a great wrestler, amazing strength, but unknown submission knowledge, which is where Nog would make it count. Also Nogs standup is pretty good[/quote:49110fe0a1]

Karelin had Boxing and Sambo training. He said it in an interview.

Comment

he was the best olympic wrestler that ever lived.
                  he was unbeatable for 8 years or so
                  never lost an single fight

Comment

Working...
                  X