Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Glove Problem , would like advice on this one....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Glove Problem , would like advice on this one....

whats going on ,

well i just started boxing at the age of 20 , i have a trainer i see once a week and teches me new things then i go home and practice on my heavey bag / speedbag / and foot work and my own mitts/ cardio ( still need a little more equiptment ) during the lessons we usally do alot of light sparring and mitts , i do most my bag work at home. the thing is i need gloves , i have been using an old pair of his and its time i get new ones. he recomended me to get training gloves since i am first starting out and everything, but is this going to be ok with bag work also? i mean i got 70-80 bucks to to dish on gloves and he recomended the imf tech gloves and ringsides saftey training gloves , i mean i always heard you should use 2 different gloves 1 for sparring and 1 for bag work. my problem is should i get 2 cheap pairs of gloves - 1 for bag 1- sparring or just get a nice pair of training gloves since i am starting out and getting use to everything. i train probaly 2-3 times a week , how many times a week do most of you train

thank you for the help

jr

anyone????? sry for be inpation, i just wanted to order my stuff tonight

Comment

I plan on getting \\ the 70 dollar pair of Everlast training gloves, if you have the money go ahead and buy em

Comment

The sad truth is that you tend to get what you pay for with gloves.

I'd get a cheap combo like Tufwear super bag gloves ($50) & training gloves ($60), a pair of Ringside Super Bag Gloves ($40) & IMF Training gloves ($70), or Cleto Reyes Lace up bag glove ($50) & Ringside Big Hitter gloves ($70).

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornerMessiah
          I plan on getting \\ the 70 dollar pair of Everlast training gloves, if you have the money go ahead and buy em

they be good for both bag and sparring work , plus im still a beginner

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Chop
            The sad truth is that you tend to get what you pay for with gloves.

I'd get a cheap combo like Tufwear super bag gloves ($50) & training gloves ($60), a pair of Ringside Super Bag Gloves ($40) & IMF Training gloves ($70), or Cleto Reyes Lace up bag glove ($50) & Ringside Big Hitter gloves ($70).

so im really better off getting 2 pairs of gloves?

Comment

if yer gonna spar, yes.

Comment

Working...
              X