No announcement yet.

Reps for Plyometrics?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reps for Plyometrics?

How many reps are supposed to be done with plyometrics? I already do 5x5. But each week, should I try to jump/push higher/farther or work on adding reps to it?

You should be more specific. They're are plenty of plyo drills, tell me which ones you are doing.

You should do plyo's 2-3 times a week for no longer then 20-30 mins. Any longer is hurting your body.

The key to doing plyometrics is how high you go, and the technique in which you do it, not the number of reps. The key is you gotta maximize every single jump.

Comment

I do clap pushups and squat jumps twice a week (Monday and Friday). Currently it's 5x5. Is that a good rep range? If it's not, what is? If it is, focusing on power produced is better than total reps done right?

Comment

That is too little, IMO. I say do 3 sets of 10 each. You should do more then just clap pushups and squat jumps.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'
          That is too little, IMO. I say do 3 sets of 10 each. You should do more then just clap pushups and squat jumps.
          Tuesday and Thursday I do 10x10 on weighted exercises. Wednesday is endurance where I do above 20-30 reps on exercises and Monday and Friday is plyometrics to work on explosiveness. That's why I don't do that much. So 3x10, but I do only one exercise per muscle, what more besides squat jumps and clap pushups?

Comment

No offense, but I think your program is all wrong. My brother is a fitness guru and this is where I get my info from for the most part. PM me your program including when you box and what times. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X