No announcement yet.

Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation

Thousands of persons will gather at Fort Benning, Georgia this weekend to call for the closing of the U.S. Army School of the Americas, now known as the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation. In case you were not aware graduates of this facility continue to oppress people throughout Latin America.

The sisters I work with will be participating in the vigil..just some FYI for those who care... :wink:

Can you go into detail on this, I haven't heard about it at all. What's the deal?

Comment

US Army School of the Americas (SOA)

The SOA, now located at Ft. Benning, GA, played a key role in the training of Guatemalan military personnel and the military intelligence apparatus that orchestrated the genocide campaign against Guatemala's Mayan civilian population. This "Scorched Earth" policy of kidnappings, torture and murder left 200,000 dead during Guatemala's 36 year civil war.

They train military personnel in Latin American countries that have been convicted of massacres and so forth, that’s why they had to change their name because of all the controversial issues surrounding them.

Comment

I would back it without a doubt. If you think about it a training facility in the US that aids in foreign tradgedy and genocide is like Al-Queda.

Comment

[quote:c554f39ba3="Aaron Suave"]I would back it without a doubt. If you think about it a training facility in the US that aids in foreign tradgedy and genocide is like Al-Queda.[/quote:c554f39ba3]

The US trainned all the Al-Queda superiors during the their war againts the USSR... and then it back fired on us

Comment

I was talking about the training camps they have now. Most of the opposition had training or funding from us. The US wants to move on Iraq because we probably sold them the weapons they deny having. So US wont mention how we know Saddam has weapons and Saddam is probably plausibly denying it.

Comment

[quote:05238b020e="Aaron Suave"]I was talking about the training camps they have now. Most of the opposition had training or funding from us. The US wants to move on Iraq because we probably sold them the weapons they deny having. So US wont mention how we know Saddam has weapons and Saddam is probably plausibly denying it.[/quote:05238b020e]

lol yeah, we have Reagan to thank for that one... stupid mother ****er!, we gave them the training, the weapons..everything... and we are still doing it in other parts of the world.

Comment

War is a business, much liek everything else and its a sad reality. The worse part is just about any moron can be president with enough influence and backing. Bush was handed Oil companies by his father and ****ed up everytime. The Middle East hates the Bush family and him in office makes things difficult.

Comment

[quote:870e28f824="Aaron Suave"]War is a business, much liek everything else and its a sad reality. The worse part is just about any moron can be president with enough influence and backing. Bush was handed Oil companies by his father and ****ed up everytime. The Middle East hates the Bush family and him in office makes things difficult.[/quote:870e28f824]

I believe one of the comments made during that time was that they wanted Russia to have their own "Vietnam"...geezzz,

Comment

I try not to get involved with Politics too much but I cant help it.

Comment

Working...
                    X